Need brushes for Ryobi chop saw

Anyone got a set of brushes for a Ryobi C356 abrasive chop saw? I can't get them from Ryobi (been out of stock for over a month now). Beginning to think I will have to just throw the dang thing away and get a new one!

Reply to
William Cottrell

Just try a little web searching for other companies that sell those parts. Recently I needed a paddle switch for a Milwaukee angle grinder and found at least a half dozen companies that had them. I think I ended up at Graingers.

Pete Stanaitis

--------------

William Cottrell wrote:

Reply to
Pete & sheri

Last time I got desperodo was the brushes for the trird blower motor on my Toy. Finding another one that fits is a PITA. So I hunted for bigger and the same style brushes and touched them up on a grinder till they fit.

Someday I'll make or find a right angle DC motor that will push some air. I have to pull back the carpet and the thing barely comes out and right up against the metal floor board. Plus my arms hurt after getting into those mouse working areas.

Reply to
Sunworshiper

Being a cheapskate of the first order, I lay them flat on a mill file and stroke them by hand until they fit. You get straight sides and a close fit. The graphite files cleanly and it's no harder than Plaster of Paris.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

That's a good idea , I screwed up the first one cause for some reason I thought they were hard. Is there an easy way to stick the wires on if you can't find the right type ?

Plaster of Paris reminds me of a job interview when this guy asked me if I have tiled on plaster. I thought for a moment and said no and thinking why would you set tile on something so soft. The guy jumped at me " You ain't no tile setter get out of here !" Years later it occured to me that he was talking about mudding up pools to get them right , well I've been doing that sort of thing for ages. Then years after that I found out who he was , good thing I screwed up I don't want to work for him.

Reply to
Sunworshiper

If there is, I don't know about it. I think that subject was a thread here a year or so ago but I don't know if it reached any useful conclusions.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Back in college, I bought an old Renault from a guy who had replaced almost everything over the previous couple of years.

The starter went out, and his mechanic told him they couldn't get the parts.

That was the last straw, he sold it to me for $200 if I remember right.

I towed it home, went down to NAPA and got a set of old Chevy brushes. Filed them to fit and drove the car around for the next couple of years. Then I sold it for a profit. I never told the guy I bought it from, that it I fixed it with a $1.50 set of brushes.

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman

'Good story. I'll have to remember that one.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress