Anyone got a set of brushes for a Ryobi C356 abrasive chop saw? I can't get
them from Ryobi (been out of stock for over a month now). Beginning to think
I will have to just throw the dang thing away and get a new one!
Just try a little web searching for other companies that sell those
parts. Recently I needed a paddle switch for a Milwaukee angle grinder
and found at least a half dozen companies that had them. I think I
ended up at Graingers.
William Cottrell wrote:
Last time I got desperodo was the brushes for the trird blower motor
on my Toy. Finding another one that fits is a PITA. So I hunted for
bigger and the same style brushes and touched them up on a grinder
till they fit.
Someday I'll make or find a right angle DC motor that will push some
air. I have to pull back the carpet and the thing barely comes out
and right up against the metal floor board. Plus my arms hurt after
getting into those mouse working areas.
Being a cheapskate of the first order, I lay them flat on a mill file and
stroke them by hand until they fit. You get straight sides and a close fit.
The graphite files cleanly and it's no harder than Plaster of Paris.
That's a good idea , I screwed up the first one cause for some reason
I thought they were hard. Is there an easy way to stick the wires on
if you can't find the right type ?
Plaster of Paris reminds me of a job interview when this guy asked me
if I have tiled on plaster. I thought for a moment and said no and
thinking why would you set tile on something so soft. The guy jumped
at me " You ain't no tile setter get out of here !" Years later it
occured to me that he was talking about mudding up pools to get them
right , well I've been doing that sort of thing for ages. Then years
after that I found out who he was , good thing I screwed up I don't
want to work for him.
Ed Huntress wrote in message ...
Back in college, I bought an old Renault from a guy who had replaced almost
everything over the previous couple of years.
The starter went out, and his mechanic told him they couldn't get the parts.
That was the last straw, he sold it to me for $200 if I remember right.
I towed it home, went down to NAPA and got a set of old Chevy brushes.
Filed them to fit and drove the car around for the next couple of years.
Then I sold it for a profit.
I never told the guy I bought it from, that it I fixed it with a $1.50 set
Paul K. Dickman