Need info about stainless steel for small flat springs

Thanks in advance for any information.
I am looking for a source for stainless steel that is used for kitchen
spatulas or pastry knives. I need the material to already have temper
and flexibility properties of the utensils.
I need a small qauntity (24"x24" approx .040-.063 thickness)
I need it for making flat springs for several large format view
cameras. The material requries no forming other then cutting to shape
and boring some holes, all which I can have done on a water jet. The
springs are doubled up, the bottom spring 10" long and .5" wide
tapering to about .25 at the ends. The top spring is 8" long.
I could simply buy some long pastry knives and cut springs from them,
but it would be simpler from a mfg point of view to cut from a larger
piece of material.
If a stainless is available in this ready to go "state" for springs
what is the grade or designation I would be looking for? Any idea
about a supplier for that small lot? McMaster Carr, MSC etc?
Reply to
Jim C
Loading thread data ...
Jim, McMaster Carr sells 301 full hard temper sheets .048 x 12 x 12 for $22.60, item# 1217T57. 301 stainless is commonly used for flat springs and full hard is "spring temper". They have thicknesses from .015" to .075" available. Paul
Reply to

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.