Need souce for quality Cast Iron

Can someone lead me to a supplier of quality cast iron for model engine building? I don't need anything very large and only need small quanity.

Thanks Michael no xx's in address

Reply to
Michael Cameron

McMaster-Carr also carries a pretty good selection of gray and ductile iron shapes.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

From my personal newsgroup archives:

"Midwest Alloys (800) 526-0548 (815) 338-4608 some of the best quality continuous cast iron bar stock I've ever seen. MANY sizes, shapes, and they will cut off to length."

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Whatcha need? I've got a bit laying around, as long as you don't need over 12" X 8" X 2".

Reply to
Lennie the Lurker

Reply to
Machineman

As previously mentioned, DuraBar is a good selection, but for small quantities, you also might want to contact American Iron & Alloys

Their VersaBar continuous cast iron is a good product, very comparable to DuraBar, but I think it might be cheaper.

Reply to
Mike Malone