Neil Knox passes

- From the Desk of Neal Knox

The Firearms Coalition PO Box 3313 Manassas, VA 20108

Written on 05 January 2005 by Neal Knox before his death

Dear Friends,

I?ve always made it a point to deliver the news to you straight - good or bad. Now I?m afraid I have some unpleasant news. As you?re aware, I have been fighting colon cancer for the past year. The doctors tell me that my fight is almost over.

I believe in miracles. I believe in God?s healing power and eternal life through Jesus Christ. I know it will take nothing short of a miracle for me to win this battle.

Should that miracle be granted, I will rejoice; but I rejoice nonetheless, for I?ve been blessed with a wonderful life, a great family, work that I love, and many wonderful friends. Most of all, I thank God for my long-suffering wife Jay Janen who not only put up with me, but has actively supported my efforts for the Second Amendment for nearly forty-nine years.

It?s been a great run!

I had always assumed that long life was my birthright. My father passed away just this past fall at the age of ninety-two.

I counted on the same sort of life-span and was planning accordingly. We?ve barely settled into that house in the country that I?ve been promising Jay for so long. I started rebuilding her classic Mustang convertible and have it in pieces in the basement garage. I?ve laid out a 100- yard range next to the house, and was looking forward to having my dear friend Ken Oehler help me set up a ballistics lab in the basement.

Time for those projects was budgeted into the next generation of the Firearms Coalition. The plan was to have sons, Chris and Jeff take more prominent roles in the fight, freeing me up to do other things like shooting and writing books. Jeff moved out here for that purpose over a year ago but my illness sidetracked those plans.

I have long wanted to evolve the Firearms Coalition into a resource for grassroots activists and organizations. The goals of the Coalition would be to provide activists with the resources, training, and technology they need to be more effective in the fight.

Now, I hope you will help Jay and the boys as it looks like they will be taking on this important task without me.

There will be more details in the weeks and months to come, including a new book that Chris, Jeff and I have been collaborating on. I regret that I am unlikely to see it in print, but I am confident in their ability to see it through.

I am thankful for you and the many other friends that have blessed my life making me a truly wealthy man. There have been disagreements, even fights, but the goal of freedom has been a unifying force.

I ask your prayers, both for me and for my family, especially for Jay who never expected to see me go first.

I urge you to continue the fight. Continue your support of the ongoing efforts of the Firearms Coalition and keep the grass roots growing.

Thank you for keeping me in the fight for all these years.

As always: Yours for the Second Amendment,

Neal

- From Jay Janen Knox (Neal Knox's wife):

Neal passed away early this morning, January 17, 2005. He was surrounded by our children and his brothers and went quickly without pain.

A memorial service has been scheduled for Thursday, January 20, 2005 at the Manassas Church of Christ, 8110 Signal Hill Road in Manassas, Virginia. The service will begin at 10:30 AM with a luncheon to follow.

It was Neal?s wish that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to the Firearms Coalition or to Rainbow Children?s Home in Gainesville, VA.

Firearms Coalition P.O. Box 3313 Manassas, VA 20108

Rainbow Christian Services 6004 Artemus Rd. Gainesville, VA

Neal?s condition deteriorated so rapidly that there wasn?t time to get the letter above out before his death. He very much wanted to let his friends and supporters know what was going on. We will post more information on the web site,

I can?t tell you how much Neal has loved the difficult work to which he dedicated his life. It has cost us much while at the same time being extremely rewarding in so many ways. The greatest reward has been the love and friendship that we have found along the way.

You?re an important part of that.

Thank you so much,

Jay Janen Knox

Obituary:

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Reply to
Gunner

So long brother. I'll say a prayer for your family.

Colon cancer took one of my best friends five years ago and the best boss I ever had is dying from it right now. I go in for a proctoscopy next Friday. Friends, get checked and do it soon. A few hours of indignity is worth it to save yourself and your family the pain and loss.

Russ

Reply to
Russ

Reply to
Guido

A good man passes on a coldly bitter day, His dreams, his plans, his way, Now gone.

Salve. Ars longa, vita brevis.

In Neil Knox passes on Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:42:03 GMT, by Gunner, we read:

Reply to
Strabo