Never Wet

Sometime back Rustoleum announced Newer Wet. Sort of a super Scotch Guard. It was a bit expensive at $12 for two cans. Well now at Olie's it is available for $1 for two cans.
So has anyone come up with a great use for it? Or is it a solution looking for a problem?
Dan

https://www.thegeekpub.com/1382/how-to-make-magic-water-proof-sand/
On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 15:39:13 -0700 (PDT)

I would be suspicious of its usefulness seeing Olie's is selling it ;-) A good sign it didn't sell well originally...
--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI
announced Newer Wet. Sort of a super Scotch Guard. It was a bit expensive at $12 for two cans. Well now at Olie's it is available for $1 for two cans.

Use it on your metal snow shovel... ;>)
On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 10:52:41 AM UTC-4, Phil Kangas wrote:

Considering using it on my plastic snow shovel. Not as compelling as on a metal snow shovel.
Dan
On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 10:43:02 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@krl.org"

I've heard of people using it on boots and gloves and other outer-wear - like jackets. Makes the water run off like off a duck's back.
Also on canvas tentarps, and tents.
Was also recommended for waterproofing exterior stucco and pourous brick
There are actually at least 3 different "never wet" products from Rustoleum. One is a 2 part coating - the other 2 are simple sprats (one for fabric, one for boots and shoes)
On Friday, March 15, 2019 at 6:39:16 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@krl.org wrote:

It is $3.99 for a twin pack at my local Ollie's store.
On 3/15/2019 3:39 PM, snipped-for-privacy@krl.org wrote:

I painted a couple tents and a couple jackets with Scotch Guard years ago. Worked just fine. Needed to be recoated every couple years... or maybe I was just being careful.
On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 11:12:30 -0700

It's not the same stuff as years ago. BIG environmental problems with the old stuff. Check out this search:
https://duckduckgo.com/html/?q=3m%20pfas&kd=-1
Wolverine shoe company (nearby) has serious trouble with their handling of waste from using Scotch Guard on their products with the old formula...
Just a heads up :)
--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI