Thurlow Rally

Hi All

Anyone in contact with the organisers of this rally? I heard it is to be the last one, as the venue is due for re-development. I could have an alternative venue for next year, 6 miles down the road at Hadstock airfield. The land-owners seem pretty keen. If anyone could have a word around for me to see if the rumours are true, then I can do some more work so that this excellent show does not fizzle out.

Tony Smith

Reply to
Wabbitt

I have entered Thurlow Rally the week after next so will find out what is going on and report back to the group. We would be interested in a replacement next year if this is indeed the last one.

Pete Aldous

Reply to
Pete Aldous

We are exhibiting at Thurlow the week after next, so I will make enquiries and report back.

We would certainly be interested in a replacement should Thurlow not take place next year.

Regards.

Reply to
Pete Aldous

Anyone know if it is Ok to go to Thurlow on Thursday evening please?

Pics after the Rally in the ususal place.

Reply to
Pete Aldous

I dont know do you :-))

Pete Aldous wrote:

Reply to
campingstoveman

Tony, (and anyone else interested),

Just come back from Thurlow (great weather), and up until 3:30 today, the news was that the land owner was going to plough up the Rally field next week and plant rape, and they announced that they were looking for another venue for next year.

Then they announced that the land owners had given a stay of execution for

12 months meaning that next years Rally would be in the same place but they would need an alternative for 2005.

I have got the email address of the Vice chairman of the committee (will change in two weeks so need to be quick), so Tony, if you think you can help (they need around 30 to 35 acres) please contact me off list and I will pass it on.

Pics in the usual place, hopefully sometime next week but we are off to the Kent Steam and Transport rally on Thursday, so may be the following week.

Reply to
Pete Aldous