New Bandsaw - (NEW new)

It's a real part:

That's the drawing I was searching for, which I first saw as a draftsman in the mid 70's.

Jim Wilkins

Ford also used something like that on truck I-beam suspension to adjust camber and Chebby used similar bolts in the upper control arms to set both caster and camber. Boy, those are old memories...

I love it! I'd seen a pared down version long ago and enjoyed it, too.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I remember a version of that from the pre-Internet days. Ah, still have it!

Change the "SM" to "LG" if you want a full size version.

Another one I no longer have the original of, but actually redrew in drafting class back in the early 80s. Never got around to adding the caption (sucked at lettering!) Think it was something like "Wood Stove for Sale" then "Guaranteed to burn for four hours"

William Bagwell

Too funny. I remember seeing both of those many years ago. Most likely on a piece of letter size copy paper taped up in the office area where I was servicing equipment :)

Reply to
Leon Fisk

I like that. One I can't find at the moment which I have copy of somewhere is of a supplier on the phone to a customer with the customer saying "If I wanted it tomorrow I'd order it tomorrow".

Reply to
David Billington

Well I found the problem. The logo panel on the stand is on upside down. LOL, Seriously. I just set the stand down with the logo upside right, and the stand is upside down. It never even occurred to me they'd ship it with their logo mounted upside down. I feel silly.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Must have been the model destined for Australia and New Zealand.

Reply to
David Billington

Maybe the people who put it on there thought it looked fine that way ;-)

Reply to
Leon Fisk

I was tempted to suggest that if the front holes were too far apart and the rear ones too close together you should turn it around, but that would be an undeserved cheap shot.

Turns out it does fit the assembler and inspector.

I've seen a reputedly very intelligent person completely befuddled by a backwards bandsaw blade. I just wordlessly inverted it. Then to rub it in I folded the dull one into three loops.

As a lowly lab tech in a sea of Ph.Ds I had to do such things to make them listen. I never found out which genius kept trying to cut an old lawnmower blade at the Walker-Turner's wood speed. I couldn't stop them but I would have offered to take it home and cut it on my chop saw.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Reminds me of being at evening class at Wichita vo-tech college in the early 1980s, a few occasions I had to use a hacksaw to cut through large aluminium sections as it was quicker than doing it with the horizontal band saw as someone during the day regularly blunted the teeth on the blade and it would just skate over the top. One time the instructor heard the maintenance team were going to paint the lathes so popped in before they had done much and found them starting to paint the whole lathe, ways and all, he put a stop to that fortunately.

Reply to
David Billington

Over on CNC Zone having retrofit and re-retrofit a KMB1 I read some of the newer KMB1 retrofit threads and sometimes help somebody with some of the particulars. One fellow not to long back decided to clean up and paint his. He didn't go so far as to paint the ways or the table, but he completely painted over the swivel collar on the head, all the bolts and the ways to extend and retract the head. I have to say it was a very nice paint job. I don't know how he so closely matched the original Hurco paint.

Scroll down.

My KMB1 will never look that pretty. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

That nearly describes my South Bend lathe, which came from a trade school in which the shop instructor allegedly spent the yearly maintenance budget on a little school-color paint and a lot of whiskey.

Fortunately the eagerly but unwisely applied paint popped loose off after coating the parts with Zip Strip and placing them in plastic bags.

Mostly it was still in good shape, except the tailstock spindle that someone mistook for an anvil horn. The dealer gave me another spindle which sorta fits right as long as it isn't extended too far.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I see the occasional Chevy with the logo mounted upside down!

Reply to
Gerry