New Crescent Wrench design

"Gunner" wrote: did the wrench hold up? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I don't know. It's in the evidence room, and they won't let me see it.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Damn.

Soon as I can talk the bondsman into validating my parking, help is on the way!

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

"Gunner" wrote: (clip) Soon as I can talk the bondsman into validating my parking, help is on

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I can't wait that long. I'd offer to pay your parking myself, but the orange jump suit they force me to wear doesn't have any pockets. Would you front me the money, and I'll pay you back. Also, they confiscated my Marlboro package with some other stuff in it. Could you bring an extra "cigarette" when you come?

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Gunner, I'm home now, so thanks for all your efforts, but "Never mind."

The first thing I did on arriving home was a test on the Crescent wrench: I clamped a 3/4" el in my vise, and tightened a 1/2to3/4 bushing into it. The wrench was almost fully open (30 mm.) When I couldn't pull the wrench by hand, I added a cheater (piece of pipe a couple of feet long.) I had to keep tightening the clamps to the swivel base on my vise to keep it from slipping. I quit when even a sledge hammer against the clamp handles wouldn't prevent slipping. The pipe joint was way tighter than you would ever want it in an actual plumbing application. I made sure that the direction of the jaws favored the solid (non-adjusting) jaw.

When I was through, the jaws were still parallel, closed perfectly and moved smoothly. A longert cheater wouldn't have changed anything, because it was the base of my vise that was limiting.

I would say you can safely invest in these wrenches.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Thank you very much for your test. That is a real world work out and if it can survive that, its likely good to go.

Bubba says HI! and wants to know what you are doing Friday night. Seems you have a fan

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

hjt5r "Gunner" wrote: (clip) Bubba says HI! and wants to know what you are doing Friday night.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Ask Bubba if he can send a picture, and also one of his pickup truck.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

You dont remember your cell mate? That 7' tall black guy with the gold tooth?

He will be so hurt.

They dont have pickup trucks in Da Hood.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

"Gunner" You dont remember your cell mate? That 7' tall black guy with the gold

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ It seems I'm going to be busy Friday.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

I take it that "Bubba" is really Turner Brown? Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller