New Shop

I went to see "The Kid's" new shop last night..

His company has started a new "High Precision" machining department (BTW, "The Kid" is in charge) and bought three brand new Haas CNC machines. Two VMC's, a model VF-3 - 40"x20"x25" with 4rth axis, a model VF-3YT -

40"x26"x25". Also a new CNC lathe - slant bed, tool turret, live tooling, maybe 20"x40" - didn't get model.

The machines arrived last week and Haas has been setting up things and testing machines. "The Kid" had a $30K budget for tooling, he spent the last few days unwrapping and putting it all away. The room is all new and freshly painted. New office with all new computers and equipment.

The whole thing was really impressive. Makes my collection of 30 to 100 year old machines look a bit weak.

His pay package is really depending on performance. Bet he almost lives there the next few months. They're already late on several orders.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend