GLOAT new mill

Here's a pic of my new mill being weighed:

It tipped the scale at 5500 lbs.

A fella on this NG asked about buying a Bridgy, so I sold him mine. And then went on the hunt for a machine with taper 40 tooling.

This machine is missing the horizontal mill arbor supports. Has anyone made their own? I'll first check if Supermax will sell me the part.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

You got one of those?

You did GOOD!

Those are really really nice mills.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

YOU SUCK!

Seriously nice machine. What is the travel on the Z knee?

What did you have to give for it?

I am happy for you but not as happy as you are for yourself.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

I'll know next week.

6900 machine, 200 tooling, 700 shipping
Reply to
Karl Townsend

Damn, I'd have be tempted to hit the liquid accounts for this one. HELL, I'd even start working OT to pay back my savings..

How far did it travel on the shipping?

Seriously nice machine. I hope you do a report on it when you get it home.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Personally, I can hardly imagine any personal milling project in which I may embark, for which my Bridgeport would not be adequate. But this mill definitely makes me very excited. I have a bunch of 40 taper tooling pieces BTW.

Reply to
Ignoramus620

It's in Rochester, NY heading for Dassel, MN

My SO didn't even give me any guff at all. Having the other mill already sold made the difference. But, I heard something about a new kitchen floor. You KNOW I won't say a thing.

To Iggy:

I was happy with my Bridgeport till I got the Excello CNC. No comparison, so then I needed a manual mill that will keep up. Now, both machines use the same tooling.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Karl can we "steal" that pallet from you to haul the Bridgeport back to Fargo? It looks like it would work well to lag bolt the Bridgeport down to. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

I already made the offer to your friend. He declined. I think he's got one.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

He probably whipped up something already, he's like that! Greg

Reply to
Greg O