Mill-New Joisey area

Yall may be interestested in this mill

Ive used this model before..it would be decent for a home shop with a footprint about the same as a BP

And the seller seems motivated Gunner

Gunner Asch

the other one hes selling looks interesting. too bad they dont seem to have the tooling

Reply to
erik litchy

The other one is an off the wall copy of a Van Norman. Id just as soon have a Van Norman for a third of the price.

40 and 50 taper tooling is cheap and easy to come by. You can buy it by the pound. I buy my cutters from Reliable Tools..and get the brother-in law price of about $2 a pound on horizontal mill cutters, at least the common styles. They tend to roll up their eyes with radius cutters etc and want to charge me the $4 a pound price..and we haggle.. Most are sharp..and often plasti-dipped.

Somebody in Phoenix area may be interested in

Looks to be in decent shape, based strictly on the photos. You could get the selling price in scrap if it were clapped out..which I doubt..having seen few clapped out horizontal mills. It will go about 4000-5000 lbs from the looks of it.

This one may go for a pretty penny..probably as much as a Deckel..

I was thinking about bidding on this one..as it was close to me, even though it appears to be missing stuff on the right side of the table

Then I looked in my wallet and found it empty..as usual. Shrug The guy who bought it should have a goodie, if he can fix it up.

Gunner

Gunner Asch