Nice Monarch lathe

Nice monarch 12x20. Well tooled to boot.

Anyone know how much that machine weights ?

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
Howard Beal

I vote for 2,200 lbs.

Ignoramus29931

Too late, now that Iggy has seen it he'll end up winning it for 25 bucks and talk the seller into shipping it for another 25.....

Reply to
S. Williams

The 60's vintage 10EEs with thyratron drive ran about 3500 pounds. That's an older motor-generator model, which I think weighs a couple hundred pounds less, but still over 3000 lb.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

With that turret, it will easily top 3500 again.

For me, a machine sitting outside on a stack of blocks is a real warning light. These are wonderful machines, but all the parts come with gold plating. I wouldn't want to buy one that needed anything serious done to it.

The weak link on this machine is the drive. I trashed the MG set/DC motor on mine and put in a VFD and three phase motor. Pretty standard upgrade that will cost 500 - 1000 depending on how you go.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend