Off to Chicago to the IMTS show

Hey Guys,

I'm off to the MDMC meeting tonight, and direct to Chicago after the meeting for the IMTS2004 show at McCormick Place. If anybody sees me wandering around (or crawling/hobbling with my knees/legs) please say Hello.

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Cell # 1-519-965-9253

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Karen and I are also going to IMTS. I'd like to know from someone who's been what to expect. (She, who works for a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitutoyo, has to work. I get to walk around and gawk.) I'd also be interested in anyone's suggestions for things to do in Chicago. Grant

Brian Laws> Hey Guys,

Reply to
Grant Erwin

What do these shows normally consist of? I am figuring alot of stuff other than machine tools/tooling and such. I haven't decided whether to go or not as I hate going into chicago that much.

tim

Reply to
TSJABS

McCormick place isn't all that much into Chicago if you come from the south by car (eg. from I-94).

I see Junkyard Wars is going to be there...

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I think the Cubs have a double header on Friday :) Museum of Science and Industry Museum of Natural History The Shedd Aquarium The Adler Planetarium to name a few.

BTW, I'll be at IMTS on Friday. Just look for a group of middle aged men with Purdue University on their tags.

Reply to
Randy Replogle

The Museum of Science & Industry is always worth a week or two of browsing. Cantigny out in Wheaton is well worth a visit if you are into war history (1st Division). The Art Institute if you prefer the finer arts.

Berghoff's in the Loop is good for German food or Pizzeria Uno if you like Chicago-style pizza.

Reply to
Mike Henry