Ohio

Dear Tony,

Hi, have you decided how to handle the final bills from the Ohio building expenses? I must make an appointment with my dentist as I have a tooth that is tender and I no longer have any dental insurance. I do hope that I am soon approved for Social Security Disability, my doctor says it should be approved but takes many months. As it is, Pat and I are living off of her Social Security and I need to clear all accounts and sell off my gun collection and camera equipment in order to buy food, medicines and other absolute necessities. *Every cent of every check that you have sent to me has gone into paying expenses incurred by Felton and I must recoup those funds.*

I have the greatest confidence for your success and will do anything within my power to insure that success. Please use my knowledge, I'm always available for questions and ideas, there are a lot of things I have already tried that didn't work and I have a lot of ideas for products and processes.

Tom Gardner

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Tom Gardner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@tacks.com:

Using the same application for email and newsgroups is just plain crazy. Sooner or later you will end up 'oversharing' with the group . . .

Reply to
Ian Malcolm

If you don't mind, I'd like to interrupt a bit here and tell you that I once heard two or three ladies talking about chewing-up about a half pound of cabbage because of its painkilling effects. I think you should try it Tom. It works.

Reply to
mogulah

Sorry, posted by mistake.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Oh well, no big deal. One of my best methods for collecting old debts.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

No Malcolm, I don't say that. Staying quiet about not getting business is EXACTLY what you DON'T want to do. Telling everyone about money problems is good.

Telling the lawyers and accountants that your in a rut and need ideas and to improve in business is good. Continue to tell as many as possible and one or two of them will help you dig out.

(if you don't make money, the lawyers and accountants don't, so its a you-scratch-their-back-they-scratch-yours deal)

Reply to
mogulah

I tried like hell to call you but didn't have your number anymore. The guy in Hamilton, Ont. was very nice about it, though. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

We just sold to a company in Canada, very innovative transaction and some of the details are still in flux. I obviously want them to pay all the building expenses in a timely fashion as we did toll manufacturing for them for months. Canadians come from a COMPLETELY different business culture! But they, like most people I guess, don't respond well to legal speak so you accidentally see my tack...which seems to work. I imagine it will take time but I have retired from the industry and am very happy with the deal. I have been doing some consulting and I still maintain the full machine shop and have leased out most of the building for a positive cash flow. On to golf, fishing and teaching shooting!

Use my first name AT my old business name dot com

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Reply to
Ignoramus28939

My business rule #3, do not do business with Canadians.

Ignoramus28939

I somewhat wish you had told ne earlier! I just need a translator sometimes. And, they just live under a different set of stars. Not good or bad...just different values and priorities. I've learned a LOT!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Why not?? Except for possibly Quebec we are every bit as easy to deal with as Yanks and Southerners. Most are honest to a fault - of course. like with Yanks and Southerners there are some crooks in the mix..

And doing business across the border is not terribly onerous, and is actually easier for Americans dealing in Canada than Canadians attempting to deal in the USA.

And right now your Greenback buys 15% more up here.

Reply to
clare

Where in Canada is your buyer? And is he/she Canadian Canadian, or recent immigrant??

Reply to
clare

I used to think so too, until I had several bad experiences on ebay, people not paying and leaving bad feedback for no reason.

Ignoramus28939

All kinds of that shit goes on south of the border too - as well as sellers selling defective crap and not standing behind it.

Reply to
clare

Best of luck to you, Tawm. Will you continue to be a lesbian, or was that business-driven, sweetie?

Having been screwed BIGtime by folks 3 times now, I no longer do business with people who put the IXOYE fish on their business cards.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

A well established older company and has been a trading partner for years. They had the best of three offers.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I'll ALWAYS be a lesbian!

I have a few things I want to patent so I'm working on prototypes and training the dogs to nap properly.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

That's what all of us here at RCM wanted to hear!

Cool and HUH?, respectively. Oh, I get it. If they don't shut up, YOU can't nap properly. Please remember to keep active, or you'll be dead within a year. The death rate of recent retirees is staggering. I went to my first dermatologist appointment yesterday and, while he was freezing things off the old bod, he told me of the friend who retired last year and is already gone. Perfectly healthy when he retired, he lost something and was gone within a friggin' year! So, use it or lose it, sir.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Alls ya gots to do is move out into a clearing in the woods and build a new house - heated with wood . Add in a few chickens , a beehive , and a large garden and I guarantee you'll stay active . I didn't work this hard when I worked for a living !

Reply to
Terry Coombs