Ohio

Dear Tony,

Hi, have you decided how to handle the final bills from the Ohio building expenses? I must make an appointment with my dentist as I have a tooth that is tender and I no longer have any dental insurance. I do hope that I am soon approved for Social Security Disability, my doctor says it should be approved but takes many months. As it is, Pat and I are living off of her Social Security and I need to clear all accounts and sell off my gun collection and camera equipment in order to buy food, medicines and other absolute necessities. *Every cent of every check that you have sent to me has gone into paying expenses incurred by Felton and I must recoup those funds.*

I have the greatest confidence for your success and will do anything within my power to insure that success. Please use my knowledge, I'm always available for questions and ideas, there are a lot of things I have already tried that didn't work and I have a lot of ideas for products and processes.

Tom Gardner

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05 * Origin: (1:249/999)

--- Synchronet 3.15b-Win32 NewsLink 1.92 SpaceSST BBS Usenet Fidonet Gateway

Reply to
Tom Gardner

To: Tom Gardner Tom Gardner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@tacks.com:

Using the same application for email and newsgroups is just plain crazy. Sooner or later you will end up 'oversharing' with the group . . .

Reply to
Ian Malcolm

If you don't mind, I'd like to interrupt a bit here and tell you that I once heard two or three ladies talking about chewing-up about a half pound of cabbage because of its painkilling effects. I think you should try it Tom. It works.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05 * Origin: (1:249/999)

--- Synchronet 3.15b-Win32 NewsLink 1.92 SpaceSST BBS Usenet Fidonet Gateway

Reply to
mogulah

Sorry, posted by mistake.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05 * Origin: (1:249/999)

--- Synchronet 3.15b-Win32 NewsLink 1.92 SpaceSST BBS Usenet Fidonet Gateway

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Oh well, no big deal. One of my best methods for collecting old debts.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05 * Origin: (1:249/999)

--- Synchronet 3.15b-Win32 NewsLink 1.92 SpaceSST BBS Usenet Fidonet Gateway

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I tried like hell to call you but didn't have your number anymore. The guy in Hamilton, Ont. was very nice about it, though. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Yeah, the simple life is tiring as hell, innit?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Apparently life was simple way back because by the time ya got done survivin' there was no energy left for anything else .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

It's not bad, just a tinge now and again but I'm a firm believer in keeping my teeth. I was just at the dentist 2 months ago with no potential problems...and she likes to stay on top of things! I'll try the cabbage, I like and eat lots of cabbage dishes.

I found out the best way to spur my buyer along with payments due is to appeal to his better half. Legal speak digs his heels in and he finds reasons for delays and this building has been a millstone but they agreed to pay all expenses for months of toll manufacturing for them but they are trying to pay all expenses from cash flow rather than financing it or withdrawing it from reserves. I don't blame them, I would do the same but I don't want to pay the building expenses out of my pocket. At least the building is now leased and I still have the machine shop to play in.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Also important, don't cook it. Just have it shredded and maybe with some b lack pepper, but that's it. It will be painful for maybe about 10 to 15 min utes, but you'll start to feel the pain go away about 30 minutes later. Ma ybe you have to go back at it about two or three hours later.

Yeah, when the insurance and rating companies see that your business has be en billing a lawyer and accountant for at least a quarter (3 months), then insurance rates go down and nobody is scared to refer you or work with or g et services from you. That's what I was saying to iggy. The rating agencie s are everything these days

(and the first thing they want to see is lawyers and accountants hard at wo rk for your place)

Reply to
mogulah

When I feel below the poverty line, I contacted a social worker. And their lawyers as well as their and my contacts in my field helped rectify a lot.

Yeah but today, everything is health plans, retirement plans, but still law yers and accountants. As long as they've always been with your business (a nd the invoices show it) then delegation of authority should be easier. Ke eping up with and working with trade and labor industry groups will help yo u keep pace with the industry as a whole. Things just work smoother. Manage rs with your firm will find it easier to run things so you can retire in th e mean time.

Reply to
mogulah

One thing the buyers insisted on was non-compete and protection intellectual property. That was the most work for the lawyer because I do work for other companies in my industry and the buyers don't want any of the secrets they own now to lose potency. And, I certainly don't want to go back into business and compete with them.

They didn't want the name, they are well known and they said there are all kinds of legal problems to use the old name even though it's 135 years old

The machine shop is operating under the name of the holding company that owns the land and building, using the same accountant and lawyer and insurance people. But my insurance on the building doubled. You say you thing that will settle down?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Will it settle down? i'd not even guess. that's exactly something to run by one of them. its something you might even think on. establishing a board of employees or friends. business is never a DIY!

Reply to
mogulah

Oh yes, the company holding Lisbon Industries has existed for over 75 years and has a board of six and three employees. The insurance company claims the building is old, even though it has a perfect safety record and is sprinkled and fenced in. Building insurance is not easy to come by for old buildings.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Newp, seein's competition stops the checks. They don't have any problem with new brush types, do they? If you were to design a new specialized brush for a competitor to fit a brand new dual-style WhammyBlurfl, wouldn't that be OK?

Yeah, too bad it's gone.

A newly feral lesbian left -alone- in a shop? That's gotta be high-risk insurance, bubba. The $5k bond for my biz the first year was $1,000, and I couldn't just do up a new bank account with $5k in it to cover it. Some s***ma-breathed Speaking Weasel got into a contractor's accounts during a divorce and negated his bond, effectively putting him out of business for a month, so they stopped allowing self-insuring in OR. Go figure! Anyway, the next year, another company bonded me for 3 years, charging only $180 _total_. That's right, from $1k the first year to $60 the second. Grrrrrr. The original bonding agency wanted just $800/yr for the second year, since I had no claims against me. (9 years later, I still don't) Yeah, insurance usually settles down after a year without problems. DO check around, though. Some people (as you just saw in my case) will continue to screw you if you allow it. G'luck!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Y'know, I keep waiting for one of these to show up that's a nice steamy letter to the mistress, preferably a reply to an even steamier -- and included -- original.

All I get are missed appointments, comments on dentistry, or similarly hum- drum stuff.

I really need to find a more exciting group of people to hang out with.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

"K-12 Fab Labs and Makerspaces" is a group in googlegroups.com and it has an absolutely GREAT number of women. You might like it there.

Reply to
mogulah