Ohio brush company

Does anyone know how to order hand scatch brushes from this company? I've been to their wedsite but it is not of much use apparently. Last updated 10july2000. I tried contacting using the link off that website but no answer. I use the small 'toothbrush' hand brushes for tig on aluminum and in the past have found Forney and Weiler ones but the last from Fastenal were made in china! Sure they work but I'd like to find USA brushes. Ohio brush looks like they have what I want, catalog no. 300 code number 20016 but where in the world can I buy them? phil

Reply to
Phil Kangas

Uh, ask Tom Gardner ("Buerste"). He owns the company.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Paging Tom...Paging Tom..you are needed in plumbing..you are needed in plumbing

Gunner Asch

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 20:19:04 -0500, the infamous "Phil Kangas" scrawled the following:

(See, Tawm? I _told_ you it was time. )

Phil, Burste will reply shortly to steer you to the man who can help you. He's in tight with those oHeeO brush guys.

-- Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Clean up on isle 3!

Reply to
Buerste

Sorry Phil, I did receive your e-mail at home and forwarded it to sales. We are a manufacturer and our website isn't geared to retail sales, it just contains catalog information for our customers. I have talked to Larry and someday he will design a new website that will be somewhat retail friendly. He's waiting for me to supply the photos and product information tables.

I see that you wanted 10 pieces of our #20016 and we do carry USA and Chinese made brushes. As these are packed 100 to a box, I think the guys would be looking for a partial box or they are out of stock. We don't usually ship in less than box quantity and commonly ship case lots of 24 boxes. Call John McGuire or myself toll-free at 888-411-3265 and we will be glad to accommodate your needs. Make sure you request the USA brand although the Chinese brushes we carry are of very good quantity. We can take Visa and MasterCard and I have a PayPal account too. These brushes are also available in brass and nylon.

You bring up an interesting point. I DO believe that we could do retail sales successfully and we have discussed how to formulate a plan to do that but it hasn't been a high priority. If you have any suggestions that you would like to share please send them to me at the address that you used.

Tom Gardner

Reply to
Buerste

As soon as we get a breather on overtime I will try to get the stuff you need to do the website. I didn't learn procrastination, I TEACH it!

Reply to
Buerste

"the Chinese brushes we carry are of very good quantity."

(Giggle)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Hey Phil,

If you haven't got him yet, try Tom at both these emails.

Ohio Brush is in the Cleveland, Ohio area.

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

You can get good quality stuff out of China. You can get astoundingly _bad_ quality stuff out of China, too.

It depends on how well and how closely you ride the suppliers -- they'll send the lowest quality stuff they can get away with.

If the Chinese took pride in their work we'd be in a lot sorrier shape as a manufacturing country ('we' being damn near any English-speaking country). So don't laugh too loud.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

The Chinese will make exactly what the customer specifies. As a for instance, I could have the Chinese manufacturer quote on this brush to have

302 Stainless alloy with "X" tensile and ""Y" hardness and "Z" roundness and "A" surface finish. Each hole to have between 35 and 40 wires set with staple wire having it's own set of specs into wood or plastic handles having it's own set of specs to a depth of such-and-such +/- such-and-such, with a pull-out force of such-and-such, packaged in "A" quantity in a box of such-and-such dimensions made from "B" material thickness and crush strength, etc, etc, etc, You get the picture. OR I could RFQ on the cheapest brush possible with general specs.

The Chinese don't care, they will make whatever you want to pay for. They don't make their own machines, they buy them from Germany, Italy, Belgium and the USA. Those machines don't care what material is put in them. There isn't much demand for high quality from China so US manufacturers have the edge in the high-end market. Some Chinese stuff is DAMN good but it's pricy too. The ones I buy are very good in their price range.

Reply to
Buerste

Those are both fake e-mails after I received 10,000 e-mails per day from people that disagree with me.

Reply to
Buerste

They actually are very good quality. Ive used them. Better than Harbor Freight too.

But the US made ones are farking fantastic.

Tawm makes very good brushes indeed.

Order some of their 2- 3" cup brushes and put em on your 4 1/2" angle grinder. They last 4:1 over the regular ones when derusting metal..at least 4:1

Put a 4" on your big angle grinder and derust a farking battle ship. All of it.

And Ive had the same 6" Fine steel wheel brush on one of my grinders for...hum....5 yrs now..and its now a 5.5" steel brush and has derusted and deburred literally THOUSANDS of rusty tools, etc etc.

Really really good shit Maynard.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Yah know..you can have Dual websites on the same server....one for commercial accounts, one for sales.

Its not a big brainer. Larry should be able to do it in a snap.

Hell..you can even link to the existing photos and pictures and put different Stuff with em.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Let us know when you're ready to go retail. I'm interested, but I need a few, or a metalworking hobby assortment, not a box of 100. Thanks.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

I'm in a totally different business but I will say be careful here. We delved into shipping small quantities of apples for a while. There a LOT more labor here than you realize. AND high shipping costs made it a poor deal for the customer. My lesson here was: stick with your priorities, don't try to do all things for all people.

If you could do something like internet orders only, ship one day a week, use only USPS priority mail packaging, have web site compute bill, etc. Then just maybe. Most likely you take your best person that should be doing something more important to baby sit this little monster.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

A book worth reading for those of us doing business over there: _Poorly Made in China_. See: "Quality Fade"

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

One could also say that if the American worker had taken pride in his job (and I don't care if you are Union or not, you can care about your own work) that the American manufacturing sector could not have been so easily shipped to the third world. Once US workers were putting out 3rd world quality at first world prices, the die was cast.

People didn't start buying Honda and Toyota because they liked supporting Japan, they bought thenm because they were better quality, more efficient, and cheaper.

Reply to
Stuart Wheaton

There is a world of difference between cheap brushes (objects made to look like wire brushes) and good brushes.

I have a four inch stiff knotted cup brush on my angle grinder, it is in its third year of life and is not showing much wear.

The previous one failed after 3-4 uses.

I would like to know what exactly is the difference in manufacturing them.

Ignoramus2298

Thanks for responding, Tom. I'll be calling.....;>)) phil

Reply to
Phil Kangas