Sparkler Fountain

Watch close for the sparkles.

BottleBob

the first time i saw that i almost passed out from laughing so hard. friend sent the link to me. at that time i thought it was faked, but still very funny. i hadn't noticed, like in the comments, the guy's shirt changes and the room light comes back on after the "sparkles".

this was linked to that video, norwegian dudes with a potato hyper-cannon.

William Wixon

[...]

That's one of the funniest things I've ever seen. That's better than the soldier who put a bottle rocket in his butt.

Later,

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Gary

Charlie:

Heh, yeah. Here's what I wrote back to the ol' racing buddy that sent it to me.

That was REALLY choice. I KNEW something like that was coming so I was watching close to my monitor to see the details, I jumped back and almost knocked my chair over. And started laughing so hard I was waiting for the cops to come knocking at my door responding to a disturbing the peace complaint.

You can tell it was for real, that guy was all dazed and covered with soot. LMAO! ===============================================================

He sent it to me because he has seen the results of similar

*experiments* of my own back in the day. LOL

I hope this doesn't send twice, it conked out and evaporated in the middle of me writing it.

Reply to
BottleBob

....and somehow changed his t shirt during the explosion!

Wayne....

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

Doh! Pretty hard to imagine him being so blackened, and the nice light colored curtain behind him remaining spotless....

Reply to
sittingduck

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

The "Explosion" effect was not too convincing.. And the shirt suddenly changed.

The links to the Right were interesting.

Reply to
Half-nutz

SD & Wayne:

Yeah, maybe it was a setup. But his shirt could have been blackened by the blast. Plus he was in the direct path of the blast so the drapes might not have been affected.

I thought it was hilarious in any case.

Reply to
BottleBob

If the blast was able to flip the lightswitch, I surely would have burn the curtains! LOL!! That video is as fake as a 3 dollar bill. Still hilarious though.

Reply to
sittingduck

SD:

Heh, yeah probably. We used to do some excit Yeah, we used to play with the fine mag chips out back in the parking lot during break. But after a few good sized light flashes & BOOMS, setting off all the car alarms, the neighbors started calling the cops. "Why no officer, we don't know anything about this, we just came out the back to see what all the commotion was ourselves. Anyway, we discontinued those sorts of shenanigans. Fine aluminum chips/dust mixed & shaken with hydrochloric acid in a water bottle tends to make a good sized BOOM as well. Kinda sprays the hydrochloric acid around, so that's not really such a hot idea either. Those damn ADULT kids... the over 50 bunch are some of the worst offenders. LOL ===========================================================

Here's another post from earlier this year.

=========================================================== BB Wrote:

I relayed this one to an old street racing buddy in E-mail a few weeks ago. Since I already wrote it I'll copy it here.

I had made a 6" long by 2" diameter FIRECRACKER out of a high pressure bottle. I put the powder from 21 shotgun shells in it, and put all the shotgun pellets in it as well. So we were at the San Fernando Rd street race spot. It was real early in the morning, most all the racers had gone home except a handful of hard core friends. Everyone that was there knew what I was going to do and what was likely to happen - so they moved their cars out of the line of fire. It had a looong fuse. I set it down right next to the overpass pillar on the railroad track side, lit the fuse, and we all ran around the other side of the huge pillar. We waited, and waited, just when I'm thinking this thing was a dud - then KAAABOOOM, even being on the other side of the pillar my whole body felt squeezed all over for a moment. Then we heard all the shotgun buckshot pellets hitting the railroad tracks like a machine gun since different ones were hitting at different angles/distances. We then went around the other side of the overpass pillar and there was like a two foot crater in the dirt. All in all, it was a pretty dramatic home-made M-80. I'm assuming the statute of limitations has run out on any offense related to this. ===========================================================

So you probably now realize why I thought the vid was so funny.

Reply to
BottleBob

Yeah, I can relate to that stuff a bit too.... I never built the crazy stuff you did, but I had my share of crazy stunts with things that go boom.

Reply to
sittingduck

Hey Bill, I see a bunch of days-old duplicate posts from you and I. And we're both Frontier customers, whatever could it mean? :-) Same thing happened a year or so ago. Normally Frontier's server works pretty well though.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

Don't worry about it, you'd need a lot more than a temporarily flaky server to get very high up on that statistics list. :-)

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

i saw that and was horrified, worried it would continue out of control. i didn't notice as you did it was a frontier specific problem. i would assume and hoped r.c.m. denizens would realize right away it was a server glitch. i guess that's going to bump me up in the weekly "statistics" post, ugh!

b.w.

Reply to
William Wixon

Do NOT add powdered Manganese Dixoide.