Ping Tom Gardner-Brush suggestion questions

Tom, I dont know if you have been following the Miller Trailblazer 55G thread, but Im going to need some End Brushes to clean up a cast iron head, block and valve seats.

Brass? Steel? No idea of what a good wire size would be to use on cast iron.

Ive got a 1/4" chuck die grinder that will run your 1/4" shank end brushes. No idea of the rpms..probably 10k or faster.

What do you suggest?

Bore is 3 7/16", so maybe a 4" brass wheel brush to push and pull through to remove rust while spinning with a drill motor?

Make me a list and how you want them paid for. Paypal or credit card no problem

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I'll bet that engine is the same that was in my old Clark forklift! I'll send a box-o-endbrushes and some "Spring Brushes" ( McMaster #4864A2)

I'll trim some wheels to 3-7/16" for the bores but the spring brushes will AMAZE you! (my invention) Still have an Impact Brush? It would do the head in minutes! I don't know what I have on the shelf in Brass wheels, I'll look. I'm not certain if you need brass, I'll ask.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I got to thinking, my fork-lift bud has a couple of acres of fork-lift graveyard. I wonder if you might find a working motor for a few beers.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Cool. Thats an intersting brush. Says for die grinder, but only has an 1800 rpm max...that would indeed be spooky turned faster than that.....brrrrr. Got just the drill motor to turn that.

Never did get one of those Impact Brushes, we did discuss it, but...shrug

Im not sure a fine wire wheel would do damage, or would be ok. Im way way out of my depth here. I suspect, based on one of your fine 6" brushes thats been living in my 6" bench grinder for a number of years, used for derusting and deburring, it would be the ticket...but...I dont know..and thats worrysome.

Got the pics of those pallets of air cylinders done this morning, Ill email em to you. Did you ponder on that box of V and timing belts...probably a few hundred in there at the least. Ive neve dug down to the bottom. Lots of B and A belts, long ones, etc etc

If you are interested, I can take a picture down into the box. Its about 4'x4' x 5' tall. I think there is enough room to stick all the air stuff in the top, and shrink wrap it for a one unit ship.

Got some gear reducers and right angle drives too, maybe 4-5 and a bunch of .25-3 hp 3ph motors and servos as well.

Thanks Tom,

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

That would be my last resort, if the block is cracked or something, but Ill damned sure keep it in mind

Its an F-163 Continental, with a Miller welding genset on the ass end of it. No fuel pump, gravety feed, with points and distributor,

Probably made between 1974 and 1984. Ive not contacted Miller with the serial number.

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

'll bet that engine is the same that was in my old Clark forklift! I'll send a

1800 outside of a bore. Spin it full-speed after inserting it into a bore. The wire flares out like an upside-down umbrella causing the spring to compress. When you throtle down, the spring expands and re-contains the column of wire. You'll see.

Did you see what McMaster gets for those? I sell them for less than $3.00

Is that because you're a lesbian? (I'll find one for you, I apologize, you're the guy to use these things...WAY cool!)

Let's try the brass first, I'm sure I can find something and trim it to fit and ship it Monday.

I can't use any timing belts and I doubt if I bought three belts last year. I'd sure like to see the cylinder pix!

I'll have to look-up the ratios of the gearmotors we use on the 9 pay-off de-spoolers, We buy too many of those at $350 ea.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Ouch! That hurts.

Mark Rand RTFM