Pinging Tom Gardner

Tom, Send an e-mail to your company looking for a recommendation for a brush.... maybe you can help me out in selecting what I need. Thanks. Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

I didn't see it, sorry. I have the spam thing set pretty high after 12,000 e-mails one day. I don't use my e-mail address anymore on the net, call me

888-411-3265.

What is the application?

Reply to
Buerste

Meat grinder.... Cast iron ring threads onto the end of the auger tube with 6 tpi for about 1-1/2 inches. The bottoms of the threads in both the inside of the ring (about 5" diameter) and the outside of the tube get clogged with rust (from washing). After a period of time the ring won't thread on completely to put pressure against the plate and knife on the end of the auger, creating "mush" instead of nice, crisp cuttings. I have been using a 1/4" drill wire brush (flat disk type) but the wires are too soft and simply "shine up the rust". I need something with stiff enough bristles and aggressive enough to chew out the rust in the bottom of the threads. Threads are fairly coarse at 6 tpi, and sometimes running the brush in reverse will help dig in a bit better, but I need a better solution.... Recommendations??? Thanks. Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

I did get your e-mail with pix and replied with some ideas. I'll make sure you get the job done.

Reply to
Buerste

Not really sure why *YOU* are responding to a request for communication with Tom..... Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling