One of those days

I go out and I notice that it looks like someone has applied about one ounce
of C4 to my trailer tire. Tire is blown to bits, and fender is hanging by
one bolt. Trailer has not been moved since last use, when I added air to a
full load of firewood due to looking very low.
I get into truck. The center console has a wooden tray that I and SWMBO
uses for collection point for numerous (NUMEROUS!) items. It is orange.
Upon closer examination, Police grade pepper spray canister (LARGE) has
apparently discharged in the summer sun. Luckily, it was covered by lots
and lots of free napkins from various fast food outlets. None got on
interior of seats or roof! ( I consider this akin to winning the lottery in
terms of odds.)
So, people, watch tire pressure on parked vehicles in direct sunlight, and
keep your pepper spray out of the sun.
Steve
PS: It wasted a good $20 leather Gall's belt holder. Ate it up.
Reply to
Steve B
"Steve B" on Thu, 22 Sep 2011 17:58:18 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Same goes for cans of pop. Got into the Toyota after work, and wondered how 'oil' got on the windshield. Wasn't till I looked out the driver's window that I saw the spray pattern, then looked on the passenger seat. Yep, coke can with that familiar "cooked off" look: the can had bulged until the pop top failed. Sigh, messy. >
Reply to
pyotr filipivich
My GF thought it would be romantic to make the bedroom into something like a disco hall. She cut open 4 Cyalume light sticks, and slung the contents around the whole room. OK, it was interesting, but the stuff is toxic, and it ate into the wood bed frame, wall paint and everything plastic. When I tried to wipe it off, the paint, top layer of plastic on the Toshibe 32" TV, My DVD recorder, etc came with it. Ruined everything. It was suposed to be a 'suprise', so I didn't know until she had already done it. JR Dweller in the cellar
HOME PAGE:
JR North
And don't leave a case of cola in the trunk in winter DAMHIKT. Trunk interiors are damned awkward to wash! Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller
No they aren't. Just pull up the carpet, pop out the drain plugs, and hose 'er out, Jer.
P.S: If the carpet is glued in, cut around the plugs and pull them up before hosing.
-- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing. -- Abraham Lincoln
Reply to
Larry Jaques
Gerald Miller on Thu, 22 Sep 2011 23:15:50 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
LOL. My brother worked the graveyard shift in Minneso-cold, the winter it was Really Cold. ("Forty below keeps the riff-raff out.") Bundled up in the necessary moon suit, he'd turn the heat down, till a bottle in the stack near the window would break. "Ooops, need to boost the heat a bit."
tschus pyotr
Reply to
pyotr filipivich
I only buy soft drinks in plastic bottles during the winter. They hold up a bit better.
Szumi
Reply to
Wes
Tell her to stick to candles. You only get smoke trails on the ceiling.
Wes
Reply to
Wes
Except that the rear seat back cushion is not exactly waterproof, nor easily removed. Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller
Just pull up the carpet, pop out the drain plugs, and more -carefully- hose 'er out.