Drinking Vessels of Bygone Days

Neat link - Enjoy!
http://www.nicks.com.au/Index.aspx?link_idv.623
(found through metafilter.com)
~Sevenoaks the smith

Out of curiosity, anyone know of a site with good pictures of period glassware? (In particular, I'm looking for the painted glassware that is awfully reminiscent of the souvenir glasses you can buy at any major tourist attraction...)
Jeffs/etc.
snipped-for-privacy@rgs.uci.edu wrote:

This isn't a website, but if you can get ahold of a copy of "Glass of the Sultans" by The Metropolitan Museum of Art and The Corning Museum of Glass, it has a lot of great painted islamic glass. The cover art is a painted glass with colorful birds.
Here are a couple of links from CMoG.org
http://www.cmog.org/usr/Catalog/99/99_1_1_lg.jpg A painted bowl from the 9th century
http://www.cmog.org/usr/Catalog/53/53_3_38_lg.jpg European painted glass from Venice 1500-1525
From the Met... http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/slpg/hd_slpg.htm Stained, or Luster-Painted, Glass from Islamic Lands
Also try The British Museum at www.thebritishmuseum.ac.uk - I did a quick search on painted drinking glass and got 7 examples.
The Germans were real big on painted glass too. Do a Google on "Humpen" and you should find lots of examples.

Thanks! I'm slowly figuring out the terminology ("glass" comes up with a few zillion results...). The "beaker humpen" seem to be exactly what I remember seeing in museums, and what I'm trying to find more information on,
Jeffs/etc.