Real Model airplanes from the old days.

Several weeks ago there was a post here concerning finding old-time stick model kits. Here is a place to go. Penn Valley Hobby Center, 837 W. Main St. Lansdale, PA 19446. Telephone 215-855-1268.

They have about everything that is available in built-up models plus a lot of their own kits and/or reproductions. For you newbies, if you like to build, some of these old rubber designs can be converted to excellent sport RC kits even for wet power up to .25 engines. For you electric folks, there are many many designs, especially scale models for your fun. Some years ago I built the Easy-Built 50" rubber model Hawker Hurricane with extra ribs, and some planking, reinforcements all around plus the control surfaces and it was an excellent flier with a .25. I also built a Megow Stuka, same size and better rework, It was not 'excellent' but a whole lot of fun with a challenge. It's been hanging for about 6 years now, but a few hours on the silk and dope and it could fly again. The Hurricane met about 3 pilot errors before being trashed completely. I don't do electrics, however I see some excellent opportunities for both indoor and outdoor electric with all sizes of the many choices offered by Penn Valley. I have ordered from them and their services has always been excellent.

BTW they have RC, FF, and CL in their stable. Just thought that some of you model builders out there might like to know this.

Horrace Cain

Reply to
cainhd

I got "server not found" when I clicked on that link.

this the link you meant? Looks like you left an "n" out.

Reply to
Vance Howard

Thanks, Horrace -- Some good memories there!

Cheers -- \_________Lyman Slack________/ \_______Flying Gators R/C___/ \_____AMA 6430 LM____ / \___Gainesville FL_____/ Visit my Web Site at

Lyman Slack

I think these are the folks that have a nice set-up downstairs in the back right corner at the WRAM show every year. I'm not an "old timer," but I enjoy looking at the neat kits they offer. Maybe I'll buy a couple this year. I did buy an engine from them a couple of years ago at the show. Nice people.

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott