Finding Old kit decals?

Hi All, I've been googling around to no avail, so I thought I'd post a quick note here to see if there is any answer out there.

I built a Scale Model (Iowa) kit of an old Hubley model some years back and now my boys are getting old enough to try a metal model. Metal models seem to be hard to come by now days but ebay seems to have some available and I was able to buy some other 'Scale Model' Hubley kits.

But Scale Model either ran out or never had the decal set for the

1928 Deusenberg model (possibly other kits too-- I've only assembled the 2).

All I'd really like is an image of the original decal sheet that I could use with something like the Testors custom decal kit. Is there any kind of repository of old kit decals? I that all copyrighted stuff and thus impossible to find?

You can still buy the original kits unassembled, but they tend to be more expensive (~4x more). I figure those kits are meant to be more for collecting than assembling, and don't really want to buy one just to be able to scan the decal sheet, although with 3 sons, I think the extra model would likely get built at some point, so that's a remote option.

Are there other forums like this more appropriate for the question?

Reply to
Craig Stelter

I'd suggest this one:

The chances of finding someone there with one of these kits is higher than here. We're a mixed group and the percentage of car-only builders is low.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

...from the old home of Hubley...

Reply to
Mad Modeller

they make CAR models?! without propellars or swastickers, or anything!? damn.......

Reply to
someone

: >

: > I'd suggest this one:

The chances : >of finding someone there with one of these kits is higher than here. : >We're a mixed group and the percentage of car-only builders is low. : >

: >Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr. : >

: >....from the old home of Hubley...

: they make CAR models?! : without propellars or swastickers, or anything!? : damn.......

Heh-- Thanks for the replies. I really never built that many model kits even as a kid. I was into building estes rockets moreso.

My in-laws gave me one of these metal car kits a few years back and I rather enjoyed assembling it. My boys are now having fun building plastic models so I'm revisiting the metal models.

Thanks again for the pointers. I'll drive off for now and duck the 'real' scale models (flying variety I guess).

Reply to
Craig Stelter