Original 4"x6" bandsaw Instruction Manual

Just the manual, in worn, servicable condition.

*Free* for the asking. One each. Send me your munged addy so I can talk with you offline.

Be the first on your block with properly adjusted blade guides.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Or Send your unmunged addy to l*t*u*r*n*b*o*w*@*s*p*e*a*k*e*a*s*y.n*e*t But trim the excessive punctuation.

That's an 'ell' on the front.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Couldn't Email you direct. Got an error message.

Would like a manual.

Thanks.

Chuck P.

snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com

Reply to
MOP CAP

Some years ago I wrote a FAQ for the little 4x6" saw. It still gets a lot of hits:

is the URL. If the OP would consider mailing me the original manual, I would scan it and post it so everyone could see it, not just one person.

To email me, do NOT reply to this, > >

Reply to
Grant Erwin

MOP CAP wrote: (...)

A thousand pardons. I will email you directly.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Excellent FAQ and suggestion, Grant. I uploaded scans a bit ago. (Noon PST June 26, 2005) Beware that these files are in the 300 KB-766 KB size range.

I thought that necessary because of the teensy type used in the parts drawings on page 13. Obviously, you can pull the bitmaps into your favorite editor and shrink them to a more useful size:

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Winston, please don't be offended but I think I can do a better job scanning than you did. Also, I can combine the scans into a multipage document and publish it as a PDF file. If you mail it to me I'll scan it the day I get it and mail it either back to you or to whomever you choose. Here is an example of a multipage scan I did and published, see what you think:

It isn't related to the 4x6 bandsaw but rather to another tool which I feel a particular affinity towards, the first model Shopsmith.

Grant

W> Grant Erw>

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Link to Harbor Freight's version of the bandsaw manual:

Link to JET's version of the bandsaw manual:
David Merrill

Reply to
David Merrill

Wow David, That Jet version is way better than the manual I have.

Hey Grant, will those PDFs do ya?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Nice job. I avoided the bleed - through by using maximum contrast, though I see that wouldn't work with the greyscale shown in the Shopsmith publication. I promised the original to MOP CAP (Chuck) so you'll want to negotiate with him. At any rate, the PDFs pointed out by David are much better documents than the original I have, so it's a moot point.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

... At any rate, the PDFs pointed out by David are

Yup, moot. - GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin