(OT) 1990 Mustanf steering rack replacement

I was wondering if you could help me. I have a 1990 mustang gt. I purchased a replacement rack for it becasue of a power steering leak. Last night I f inished the install but am second guessing something. I have the stock inte rmediate shaft fromt he steering wheel section to the steering rack. When I went to re install this I noticed something. On the steering rack input sh aft there is a top splined section, a non grooved section horizontally arou nd the shaft, then another splined section. The rag joint end of the interm ediate joint is what goes onto this steering rack input shaft. I can only g et this over the first set of splines on the steering input shaft, down to that non splined area. I am not sure if the intermediate shaft is supposed to go down over the second set of splines or not. I dont see how it can bec asue there is no extra length in this shaft and the hole in the shaft must line up with the hole in the steering wheel side becasue a bolt goes throug h it.

Like I said I just wanted to make sure. I appreciate any help!

Reply to
stryped

Like I said I just wanted to make sure. I appreciate any help!

===

Call your local Ford dealer.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT