OT-26 Signs you have grown up

26 SIGNS THAT YOU'VE GROWN UP...

  1. Your potted plants stay alive.

  1. Having sex in a twin-sized bed is absurd.
  2. You keep more food than beer in the fridge.
  3. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to sleep.
  4. You hear your favorite song on an elevator.
  5. You carry an umbrella. You watch the Weather Channel.
  6. Your friends marry and divorce instead of hookup and breakup.
  7. You go from 130 days of vacation time to 7.
  8. Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as'dressed up,'.
  9. You're the one calling the police because those darn kids next door don't know how to turn down the stereo.
  10. Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex jokes around you.
  11. You don't know what time Taco Bell closes anymore.
  12. Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go up.
  13. You feed your dog Science Diet instead of McDonald's.
  14. Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.
  15. You no longer take naps from noon to 6 p.m.
  16. Dinner and a movie - The whole date instead of the beginning of one.
  17. Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3 a.m. would severely upset, rather than settle, your stomach.
  18. You go to the drugstore for Ibuprofen and antacids, not condoms and pregnancy test kits.
  19. A .00 bottle of wine is no longer 'pretty good stuff,'.
  20. You actually eat breakfast foods at breakfast time.
  21. "I just can't drink the way I used to" replaces "I'm never going to drink that much again,".
  22. Over 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work.
  23. You don't drink at home to save money before going to a bar.
  24. You read this entire list looking for one sign that doesn't apply to you.

"Guns aren't toys. They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face."

-- Krusty the Clown, "The Simpsons"

Reply to
Gunner

Umm. Uh oh.

:(

Jim

jim rozen

Hey! I resent (or is it represent) most of those!

Happy Holidays.

Jeff

Gunner wrote:

Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Jeff Wisnia

Most of what you listed applies except those I left above. Does that mean I'm still "young at heart" or just don't care?

Reply to
lane

Young at heart, maybe unless:

1) the potted plats stay alive because they are those tacky artificial ones that people tend to give to grandma and grandpa

2) You don't carry an umbrella because your silly 1950's style golf hat does the job just fine

3) Jeans and sweater don't qualify because you and your spouse generally just wear matching jogging suits when you go to the the trailer home next door to play canasta

Gotta double check the details before you count out being grown up :)

Koz

Reply to
Koz

Ha! Wrong!

It's not absurd. You just have to be careful...

As for the rest of them, well...

.....Alan.

Reply to
A.T. Hagan

What potted plants?

[ ... ]

Not me. I go to bed around 2:00 AM, and get up around 12:00 Noon. (Being retired lets my body do what it wants to. :-)

[ ... ]

How about 365.25 per year? :-)

[ ... ]

Umm ... we *are* the older relatives, now. :-)

Or care! I like *real* Mexican food.

[ ... ]

What happened to #22? Altzheimers?

Define "real"? :-)

[ ... ]

Some *don't* apply -- at 62 -- what's wrong with me? :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

yeah, what potted plants? maybe for a few weeks, tomatoe starts in the early spring.

now THIS is something i am _still_ trying to accept, exactly these same hours(!). i will be 61 in March, what's up with this? 2am- noon is the _best_ i can do. it creeps to 4pm-2pm if i don't make an effort to control it. i used to be a "morning" person. --Loren

Reply to
Loren Coe

A friend of mine carefully watered a potted plant for a year after his wife left before he realized it wasn't real. Sue

Reply to
Sue

no wonder she left

Reply to
Kathy

Hey! give us guys a break! --Loren

Reply to
Loren Coe

Really? That's not what I heard. Sue

Reply to
Sue

Hey, if he didn't notice the plant was fake do you think he was on the ball enough to notice his wife when she got her hair done or was wearing a new outfit or had alot on her mind? Unlikely. I wonder how long he took her for granted before she left.

Reply to
Kathy

Bash, Bash, The guy was probably at work 70 hrs a week trying to pay for the $40,000.00 SUV that took her to the $100.00 hair appt and the store to buy the new $200.00 outfit, so by the time he got home, he was too tired to notice, AND when she did start to complain about him not being home,not having enough money,etc, he was already asleep!

LOL "D"

Reply to
Darrell Reid

I'll give you the first two, but WHY do women still insist that men be mind-readers?

Gary H. Lucas

Reply to
Gary H. Lucas

Chuckle. You conclude all of this because he watered a fake plant? Wow. You're good. Uh huh. He doesn't always notice when I get my haircut, but I sure don't get worked up about it. Hell, I don't always notice when he's gotten his haircut either. Sue

Reply to
Sue

Too lazy to take the few extra steps and use the toilet ???

Momma dont much like it when I "water" her plants, either................

Reply to
"PrecisionMachinisT"

After she left he burned the CornFlakes for two weeks before he found out exactly how long to MicroWave them?? You can't fool me, I figured it out the first week. Michael

Reply to
Michael

I don't know. I already said that I don't care about the hair thing. As far as him not noticing any new outfit I might have on - don't care about that either. I hardly ever buy anything new (my female genetic makeup seems to lack the shopping gene - and the dancing gene) and when I do buy something new it's usually exactly the same as whatever wore out. Levis are Levis. One navy blue turtleneck looks about the same as the next. On the rare occasions when I do dress in something different he *always* compliments me. And, if there's something on my mind I don't wait for him to ask. I

*tell* him. What is so difficult about that? He's the one who holds back. Now, maybe his ex-wife had all these requirements to pander to her in these areas. I don't know. Somehow, I don't think this was it. Sue
Reply to
Sue

Good god, yes.It sounds like the guy tried to provide nourishment to an imitation of an organism that requires water to survive. What an imbecile! Didn't he consider the consequences if it turned out he was wrong? Watering plastic is illegal, isn't it? Well, maybe not illegal, but, surely immoral? Ok, maybe not immoral, but certainly grounds for divorce?

Jeez, I'm glad I'm single. I do much stupider things on a weekly basis. In my own defense, I forgive some pretty stupid things, too. Not that I want to, mind you, but it would be hypocritical not to, wouldn't it? .

It's very sexist of me, I'm sure, but did the female in question keep track of the oil change interval(s) on their car(s)? From a financial point of view, I'd much rather kill a house plant than my car's engine. Then again, watering a plastic house plant most likely wouldn't kill it (but I'm not an expert on plastic plants).

R, Tom Q.

Reply to
Tom Quackenbush