- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

Just a SWAG..but 25%

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

Replacing the router has to have doubled the download speed, judging by eye. It was noticeable right from the start; no head-scratching needed.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

That is in poor taste. Linksys is made by a main line company. I have used them for years and they keep getting better and better. They were always to spec, but I got booster antenna for comm to the shop.

Remember these are built to a comm spec, the general stuff in it isn't. Martin Former IEEE EDS LIFE and COMM Society......

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Gene Cash wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

A division of Cisco.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yes I know - long time part supplier and helped designs go better since I knew network stuff and terminations of transmission lines.

I also own stock. Martin

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Uh, no... Linksys just got bought by Cisco, and they're still crap. I have to deal with various models of their garbage at work every day.

-gc

Reply to
Gene Cash

Sounds like you need better information or better computers that are connected. They use their stuff inside so would know if something is crap.

If building a large farm concept - they will take a building and make one and prove concept. None of this - believe me stuff.

Cisco has been the owner of Linksys for some time not - nothing new.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Gene Cash wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

I have a Linksys router of about the same age, and my ISP is also Comcast.

I have experienced no problems at all, after I switched out my old cable modem for the newer Motorola one.

Reply to
Abrasha

Old router could have developed hardware problems as well. One symptom, perhaps indicative, is that it kept forgetting its password. And yet is mostly worked, so it couldn't be that badly broken.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn