OT: Anybody knows who makes UPS hand trucks?

I picked up a really sharp old hand truck today. Very, very heavy, folding noseplate extension, flat metal stairclimbers, and cast iron wheels. Has "UPS" stamped on it. I've seen other UPS trucks like this and they're all the same design, but I've never been able to find out who the maker is. Maybe Milwaukee but I don't know for sure. Weighs a ton.

Anyone?

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

UPS doesn't use those anymore. Now they use lightweight aluminum ones. I have a friend who likes to drop off packages at the big UPS centers because they always have lots of old beater aluminum hand trucks lying around their parking lots. He says he brings one home every now and then "just to make sure someone bad doesn't steal it". :-)

Grant

GTO69RA4 wrote:

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Grant Erwin wrote in article ...

Treat it lightly and make fun of it if you wish....

.....but your friend is nothing but a thief.

Did that point escape you?

If he's willing to steal from UPS (or anybody else for that matter), I would keep a close eye on him when he is in your shop, if I were you!

If he bragged to me about "relieving" UPS of some of their equipment, he would no longer be welcome in my shop....period.

Maybe I can't choose my relatives, but I CAN choose my friends....and, I don't count common criminals among them!

Bob Paulin - R.A.C.E. Race Car Chassis Analysis & Setup Services

Reply to
Bob Paulin

Your observation is not lost on me. One of my dear friends runs a small machine shop and had a "friend" lift a couple of his tote boxes after paying a visit one day. He was angry that the "friend" stooped so low as to steal them when he'd have gladly given them to him had he asked. It's sort of like lying. Once you know they're capable, they're always suspect and the joy of knowing them seems to run out the window.

I'm of the opinion that people tell you all about themselves when they can justify stealing anything. It's only a matter of time until they can justify doing it to everyone they know.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos