OT Bedroom safe

And usually it's good enough and sometimes it's not. Amen, Steve!

Thanks for some good sense!

It might help if otherwise good parents weren't charged with felony-whatever because their child died from some pure accident too. There used to be a concept called: "punished enough by the loss of their child."

US is getting ridiculous: Somebody dies, _somebody_ has to go to jail. People do that, you know, die. Sometimes it's nobody's fault.

Reply to
John Husvar

If the safe was screwed both to the floor and the wall, with lag screws going into floor joists, I would think that it would take me at least an hour, assuming that I could use any tool obtainable at Home Depot.

A little harder with the floor involved, though. We have oak flooring, which would complicate matters somewhat.

All in all, it would not stop a determined burglar with many tools and a lot of time, I agree with you here.

Ignoramus20849

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 07:32:51 -0400, the infamous John Husvar scrawled the following:

were charged in 63rd District Court with first-degree premeditated murder, felony murder, armed robbery, kidnapping, first-degree home invasion, weapons felony firearm, weapons firearms possession by a felon and first-degree conspiracy to home invasion.

The 3 Strikes law did a whole lot of good, too, didn't it?

-- Mistrust the man who finds everything good, the man who finds everything evil, and still more the man who is indifferent to everything. -- Johann K. Lavater

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ignoramus20849 wrote in news:dJOdnZcdOfsdrcbXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

It used to be that really big commercial safes were rated in "hours". Usually they had two ratings; one for how long it would take to break in, and one for how long they could sit in a fire before the innards reached the ignition temperature of paper.

Nothing is burglar proof if they all the time in the world. The best you can do is make sure it takes long enough for them to give up, get caught, or better yet, not bother with it.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

Oh, absotively!

Reply to
John Husvar

Aaaaaaaaaaand... You have motion sensors in the room, and tilt/ shock/ deadman switches or other sensing devices on the safe, and a central station burglar alarm. Oh, and a CCTV camera and recording system would be a big plus.

The crooks better be fast at sawing through those studs, because the Cops will be out there as quick as they possibly can when the Alarm Company gets the message across that multiple sensors say the burglars are trying to take or break into the *handgun safe* in the bedroom.

And the Cops won't be in a cordial mood, because they know full well one of the things a stolen weapon would be used for.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

My SIL sends me pictures all the time. One is I swear to God, the medical pictures of a young man who stuck a firecracker up his ass and lit it. It is very clear and very graphic. Send me your e mail if you'd like a copy. Send it to snipped-for-privacy@dishmail.net

WTF was this kid thinking? Didn't his parents tell him never to put a firecracker up his ass and light it? Mine didn't, it was just one of those things I figured out myself.

Reply to
SteveB

A "rare" thing, eh?

SteveB

Yes. Keeping a gun in a bedroom safe is moronic, slow and only gets you killed if you need it.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Or put a second power box on a machine tool and use it for a safe.

Few burglars would think about opening something with a 480volt decal mounted on a machine tool

Shrug

Gunner, who is quite...quite secure in his personal storages

Gunner Asch

Most young thieves wont be carrying a gun, a blow gun, nuke, etc etc.

They simply want your pawnables and more dope/beer/carpayment

Gunner Asch

blink..ah....er.....

Nevermind

Gunner, who has restraints and other toys available for his lady friends to wear if they so desire....

Gunner Asch

Most people are terrified to go into my shop anyway. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

or your Gran Torino

Reply to
ATP*

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or about Sat, 18 Jul 2009 15:00:00 -0700 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

I know a guy who has a couple gun safes. Doesn't lock them, he just needed someplace convenient to store his guns. Better than a pile in the corner of the closet.

tschus pyotr

pyotr filipivich

Then I need to put a mirror next to the Bridgeport, so that my wife will be able to check how she looks in all that jewelry... And I should make sure that oil and coolant do not get on the mirror...

Ignoramus17055

It would be easier just to teach her how to use the Bridgeport.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"The dead man is described as a light-skinned black man, about 6 feet, 2 inches tall and weighing about 175 pounds. He is between 25 and 35 years of age."

Sounds like a description of Barack Obama. >:->

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

Did they ever find the right glasses for yout minds's eye?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell