OT - Blue Rhino proprietary valve

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/bbq/msg031613123088.html http://www.ripoffreport.com/fuel-companies/blue-rhino/blue-rhino-propane-cylinder-ex-c4md8.htm
Seems, the new Blue Rhino valves are designed so other suppliers can't fill the tanks.
On Sun, 20 May 2012 16:38:14 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Those posts seem to be from 2001 to 2003.
If it's true, those of us with machine tools ought to be able to circumvent whatever's special with an adapter. If you find out what's different, let us know.
I'm told there is a spring loaded steel ball, that acts as a check valve. Takes a large magnet, to pull the ball out of the way.
On Sun, 20 May 2012 16:38:14 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
Those posts seem to be from 2001 to 2003.
If it's true, those of us with machine tools ought to be able to circumvent whatever's special with an adapter. If you find out what's different, let us know.
On Sun, 20 May 2012 16:38:14 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Why are you fixated on Blue Rhino. You have posted about them repeatedly.
Yes, they short the weight. Yes, they try to lock in customers. They are a dollar cheaper and the stupid fall for the scam. We all know that. Buy elsewhere and get on with your life.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

The whole Blue Rhino deal makes me wonder about the intelligence of mah fellow Amurkins. Nothing like paying a premium for 15 pounds of propane in a 20 pound tank.

Site Timeline

  • - the site's newest thread. Posted in