Amazing Light & Reusable Glow Stick

I don't see what's the advantage of glow in the dark stuff that is solar charged.

Most of the glow in the dark stuff I've used, isn't bright enough.

What use might we find for this product? Anything?

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I used the HF glow-in-the-dark rope as a handrail on an uphill path in the woods. That product loses its glow in half a year, as its instructions admit, and the outer sheath is begining to fall off. While it worked it was easy to find to walk up or down the slippery hill after dark. I have good night vision and don't need much light to walk around at night. Indoors the glowing light switch handles are enough.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Why do both links point to the same page? Is that your Referrer ID on your first link?

Reply to
Wrecker

Now, that's creative. Great ideas, thank you.

.

I used the HF glow-in-the-dark rope as a handrail on an uphill path in the woods. That product loses its glow in half a year, as its instructions admit, and the outer sheath is begining to fall off. While it worked it was easy to find to walk up or down the slippery hill after dark. I have good night vision and don't need much light to walk around at night. Indoors the glowing light switch handles are enough.

jsw

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

One was sent me by a friend. I'm not associated with the company. If I were, I'd write some, uh, glowing thing. About how wonderful they are.

For me, it's a problem in search of a solution.

.

Why do both links point to the same page? Is that your Referrer ID on your first link?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

A small glow-in-the-dark item to replace the standard pull on a ceiling fan would be useful. The pull would be charged by the lights on the fan being on in the evening and would be easy to find when you needed to change the speed of the fan during the night - without risking your fingers in the fan blades.

I have a few of the Paqlite items. As long as there is sufficient light on them (even an LED flashlight), they will charge up. The larger items can provide light for moving through a room, once your eyes have adjusted to the low light level. Putting a glow marker on a flashlight would make it easier to find in complete darkness (power failure at night).

When I had a separate workshop, I had some mlitary surplus glow-in-the-dark tape (considering its age, it might have been radium based) that I used to mark the doorknob on the exit door - if I turned the lights off before opening the door, the shop was absolutely dark.

Reply to
news

They could be placed out on a back deck or down a trail or outdoor markers. Left in the sun / stars - they should glow well. Stars charge them a bit but not much in most cities. Mountain tops or out and away it would. The advantage is no-bio in it to be used up.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Glow in the dark airsoft pellets are sort of fun.

Reply to
rbowman

I was thinking in terms of light, like flashlights. But, to use the glow in the dark as markers for fan pull, or door knob. That makes a lot of sense.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon