OT? boiling battery

wrote:

Ah, got it. It must have been a similar thread.

Overwintering in a camper? Ouch! The only place I can think of which would be palatable for that would be balmy SoCal.
Best of luck finishing your house pronto!
--
No greater wrong can ever be done than to put a good man at the mercy
of a bad, while telling him not to defend himself or his fellows;
Larry Jaques wrote:

Well , it's not just the camper now . We have a "living room" that's 16 x 24 , the camper is "attached" via a short hallway . I heat the whole mess with my wood stove and fans to keep the air moving . Still , the camper
with 1" foam insulation . The kitchen isstarted , but excessiverain in December has delayed me getting the block walls of the cellar underneath finished . Wood I can work in the cold , mortar and blocks not so much .
--
Snag

I'll bet that helps immensely.

Foam is good! Why only 1"?

Mixing ice and cement can be tedious, oui?
--
No greater wrong can ever be done than to put a good man at the mercy
of a bad, while telling him not to defend himself or his fellows;

Is there an AutoZone auto parts store near you? They have a battery load tester which will tell you if your battery is dying. With only 12.8 left after charging, you're probably going to be replacing the battery, though.
Usually, in a motor vehicle, when a battery boils out its electrolyte, it's from overcharging due to a bad regulator.
Also, remember to FIRST charge, THEN refill, as the electrolyte level rises as the battery charge rises.
--
No greater wrong can ever be done than to put a good man at the mercy
of a bad, while telling him not to defend himself or his fellows;
On Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 2:10:14 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

In a pinch, you can sometimes "unshort" a cell by pouring out the electrolyte, flushing with distilled water & refilling with new electrolyte. But yes, you're going to be replacing that battery sooner rather than later.
rangerssuck wrote:

I picked up a new one after I dropped my wife at WM for work last night . The freezing rain/ice storm was a non-event . But sure as she had driven herself there would have been a quarter-inch of solid ice on everything . New battery was cool to the touch when I checked it late last night . Will check the voltage later , but I think we're good now .
--
Snag

The goal is to rinse out conductive sediment from under the plates. I didn't mention it because splashed acid and juggling heavy batteries can be risky.