OT Bush the leaker

I watch many of these political debating's on this group but seldom
respond. I've never started a political post in my life but what I've heard
on the news today has just plain astounded me. It's come out that after all
of the rhetoric from Bush about releasing classified data and putting our
CIA and such people in harms way is tantamount to treason and that he would
not stand for it now comes to light that he is the one who authorized the
leak. Has this man any conscience what so ever about what he has done to
this country? This so called leader is unbelievable. Nothing is sacred to
him, no laws, no constraints, no limits and absolutely no MORALES. Whatever
he wants he makes sure is done irregardless of the consequences to the
country or the people in it or the countries laws. This whole gang of thugs
have taken over my country and have made it one of the most hated countries
on earth. These people are the epitome of the "Hooray for me and fuck you
attitude"
When will people finally open their eyes.
Dick Neighbors
Reply to
Dick
Pretty hard to find fault with anything you've said here. I've long been concerned about how the balance of the world perceives the US----and have little doubt as to the reason why we are hated. The arrogance of our "leaders", and I use that term loosely, is hard for me to stomach. The bastards couldn't even graciously accept the offer for help from other countries after Katrina. Something is definitely wrong with these people.
Harold
Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos
Hi Harold.
I'm going to save him the trouble so I'll just put my "gunner" hat on now
And explain that there was a really good reason for this to happen. It was about national security and the libs could get that through their thick heads they'd understand we're fighting a war against tangos.
Next I have to say that the democrats did much worse things in the past, and he would not have had to do what he did except the libs made him do it. Hillary specifically.
Finally I will say that he's the finest conservative president we could imagine and all the libs love to take pot-shots at him but they never give any suggestions about improving matters.
Best to you and yours, Jim
Reply to
jim rozen
LOL
and don't forget, Scooter Libbey will tell them anything to save his butt
Reply to
Rex B
(and now Jim thinks he's qualified to be Gunner's spokesman. Sheesh.)
Reply to
Dave Hinz
You forgot that little clicking sound at the end as the needle jumped in the broken record and kept repeating itself
Koz
Reply to
Koz
I am not completely convinced that what Libby is saying, is actually true. Bush administration is composed of low life scum, convenience store shoplifters, liars, etc, and it would be unlikely if Libby somehow was morally superior. If so, then anything that he says that tends to exonerate him, should be viewed with suspicion, unless proven.
Ignoramus30285
I was going to go with the "Lyin' SOB" tag, but you have defined it much more eloquently.
Reply to
Rex B
I know I promiced to stay out of the political crap for Lent but...
Any sitting president and Vice President, BY LAW, can disclose ANY information he wants, however he wants. Big reaction here but all legal...unlike the Democratic disclosures of late that were ILLEGAL. Somebody show me a broken law!
I'M ASHAMED OF ALL YOU GUYS FOR NOT DOING YOUR HOMEWORK!!!
Reply to
Tom Gardner
PLEASE... leave the "hat" ON! And, while you're at it find a straight jacket!
If you think that the jerk in the White House is the best President (conservative or not) that we could imagine.... well YOU, sir are surly imagining!
Regards,
Al
Reply to
Al
Can you please provide a reference that supports your comments?
What specific law allows a president to reveal the name of a CIA or any other intelligence operative to the press or to the public?
John E.
Reply to
John Emmons
So he is allowed to risk national security by revealing secret information to smear someone who is calling attention to one of his lies? Get real!
Reply to
Glenn Ashmore
Maybe you should learn to read. At no place in this synopsis is there any mention of the president breaking the law. That, my friend, is your idea. I just pointed out how two years ago this president ranted and raved that no one in his cabinet would be so low as to out a under cover CIA agent and if one was found who did then that person would no longer work at the White House. Later he changed his criteria for being fired to being found guilty of a crime. It's true that a President may declassify any material that they want to BUT it is truly despicable for a President to out an agent, where millions of dollars had been spent setting up their image for under cover work, and putting their life and any other agents around the world who had communicated with her in peril for no other reason than politics and then lying to the country about it and then costing the government many more millions of dollars for special prosecutors to track the culprit down. It's one thing to be totally inept at his job but as far as I'm concerned the man is now traitor to his country and should be dealt with accordingly.
Reply to
Dick
I wouldn't get too worked up about it until I found out just what "leaked information" they're talking about.
Reply to
Gus
Are you trying to apply logic to this? Ha! It doesn't matter to those that WANT to bash. I just stated that no laws were broken (except by the liberals) and see the indignation and misdirection? I like the one about blowing the "Deep Cover" of an agent. This didn't cause people to hate Bush, they already do and would have the same attitude about the suit he wears today. When this all plays out and it turns out like I say, they will already be on their next rant...God bless them for their passion and God bless the USA for the rights for all us kooks to voice an oppinion.
Reply to
Tom Gardner
yah it was hillary's fault, see?
Reply to
jim rozen
No, it was the half-vast right-wing conspiracy.
Reply to
Rex B
How was she an operative, exactly?
Reply to
Dave Hinz
Operated a word processor at Langley, 9 to 5 weekdays
Reply to
Rex B
OTOH, a guy who'd surround himself all of those people, and lie in public as much as Bush, a claim like Libby's wouldn't be too far-fetched. It's not as if he's accusing Steven Hawking of cheating on a math test.
Reply to
B.B.