OT: CAD station or Usenet outpost?

     -- Louis L'Amour

It needs quick disconnect hoses for nutrition and waste removal. Maybe next version.

Reply to
Denis G.

Redesign the spine, the endocrine system, joints and a few other subsystems! I plan on having a stern talking to the designer some day!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

        -- Louis L'Amour

The Woomwida View System is under development. All those subsystems are being improved and a special ultrasonic monitor will be used to make sure that the user can work undisturbed and all the vital signs closely followed.

Reply to
Denis G.

Why are you complaining? You only had a 30 year warranty.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I'm still looking for my life instruction manual and warranty card here. Where'd you find yours (or Tawm's)?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It's a tiny tatto on the back of your head. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It's a good thing that the designer is a guy...or your wiener would be on your chin!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Then why hasn't the eye in the back of my skull ever seen it, hmm?

This just in:

I think you or I could do a better job of pricing a little aluminum gutter for a table like this, don't you? Cool idea. I always have too much "stuff" on horizontal surfaces and this would help. Just not FOUR GRAND WORTH, huh?

Oh, and speaking of overpricing, got a spare $3.4M for me? I would just love one of these unique Arabian cars. 0-100kph in 2.8 seconds.

Nice metal.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You silly girl, it's on the eyelid, so you can't see it for all that war paint you use! ;-)

We just can't keep you out of the gutters, can we? ;-) I use a large wood box that rolls under the shelf under my bench to drop the clutter into. Then I push it back out of sight. it's mostly full of the nice steel rods & bronze bearings form dead printers. Some sprockets, chains & motors from large copiers, too. The benches have pegboard backs to store tools, and there are several paper towel holders on the ceiling, over each end of the bench. The table in that picture is so small, I wouldn't have room to work if it was completely empty. The next bench I build will run all the way across the back of my 40' wide shop. :)

All my spare change is going towards my matter transmitter project.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

            -- Louis L'Amour

That explains it! Whenever my radio stops working, I turn it over and shake out loose coins.

Reply to
Denis G.

You still living in that old Motel where everything is coin operated, including the toilet? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yes, but they now have a bill changer in the lobby. If I'm out of luck, I have to make a trip to the laundromat a few blocks down the street.

Reply to
Denis G.

Don't you hate having the drill press stop half way through the hole, then you have to make that trip for more quarters? :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" on Thu, 07 Feb 2013

09:15:49 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

As a friend of mine puts it "Its a video file!" (She does not "do" video instructions well.)

pyotr filipivich

Let me guess: Blonde, right? ;)

I know, I know. Some people can't process info that way. I learn best by watching (manifold parametric osmosification), second by reading, and third by doing. When doing, you learn what the video and text

-can't- teach, the 'art' aspects. It's all good.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

In a pinch I use the treadle-powered one.

Reply to
Denis G.

That's OK if your legs still work. Mine are just for decoration these days. Some days I want to tell the doctors to just go ahead and cut them both off. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Larry Jaques on Fri, 08 Feb 2013

09:27:58 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Grey. B-)

In her case, it is the written word, and hands on (hands off) instruction. I wind up sitting next to her at the computer, telling here "click on [icon|word]" and sitting on my hands while she finds it. Because if she doesn't "do" she doesn't remember. It is ... interesting.

pyotr filipivich