Alexandra palace station or nearer

Hi, I am travelling to London on Saturday to the big model railway show ( http://www.model-railways-live.co.uk/ ) I am wondering though which is the closest station, On a google map
Alexandra palace train station looks like it is close by, but the web site has Woodgreen tube station too I am not too keen on the tube trains because of the crouds of people Coming from Yorkshire is it easy to get to Alexandra palace and walk or go to woodgreen and catch a free bus shuttle. any sugestions welcome Simon G

Alexandra Palace station is the nearest, yes - so just catch a train there from King's Cross (just checked and there are no engineering works this weekend). It's just over half a mile's very straightforward walk up the hill from the station to Ally Pally through Alexandra Park.

many thanks Simon G
On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 09:32:43 -0000, "news.virginmedia.com"

It's a short walk from Alexandra Palace station to Alexandra Palace, but up quite a steep hill. If the walk is not to your liking you can take a W3 bus but make sure you get the correct stop for the palace as it is deceptive. It won't be 'free' unless you already have a one day travel card.
All trains to Alexandra Palace depart from Kings Cross at weekends (unlike during the week) so that should make it easier. I think they are every 15 minutes but you can check with National Rail Enquiries.

The Exhibition web site says there IS a free bus shuttle.
On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 04:25:25 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote:

Okay, I didn't see that but it does say from Alexandra Park and Wood Green station. I would check if Alexandra Park means Alexandra Palace station or the site of the exhibition.

In past years, the free bus has started from Wood Green, picked up at Alexandra Palace station (east side), and gone on to the show. (There is no sensible route from Wood Green to the Palace that doesn't go past the railway station). The web site doesn't really make it clear does it?
Me, I'm walking (three and a half miles, takes about the same time as the bus-tube-bus journey found by TFL journey planner!).
Eric

I used to LOVE going to Kings Cross on an A4-hauled express and riding on the Tube when I were a little kid from Yorkshire. I remember the ozone smell wafting up the (wooden) escalators - before they caught fire.
--
Martin S.