station plans

Is there anywhere on the net, or otherwise, that station plans are availble? I don't neccessarily mean model plans, but plans of th real thing.

Ron C. =====================

Reply to
Doc

Doc skriver:

How about looking at the real thing ?

Google earth....

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen

This is a useless suggestion. Goggle Earth has no pictures of stations. Start helping and stop spamming.

Reply to
SteveCaple

OOOO, Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the rock this morning!!!

Reply to
RobertVA

RVA:

It's a long story. Basically, there's some doing stuff what says they is who they ain't, like. Best not to try to understand. Have some oatmeal and haggis on the house.

Station plans: I don't know of too many of these. The Construction Tips & Plans section of the NCR /Hotbox/ is available on the web here:

Here, at the site of the Railroad Station Historical Society, you can access heaps of information on stations, with links to lots of sites with lots of pictures, and probably more than a few plans:

That's probably 3 lifetimes worth of info-digesting there.

Cordially yours: Gerard P. President, a box of track and some plans

Reply to
pawlowsk002

RobertVA skriver:

Don't mind him, he's allways complaining.

But to prove He's wrong, try google earth at the position

56°27'39.90"N 10° 1'28.25"E (Randers, Denmark)

Or: 53°30'23.96"N 9°54'35.28"E (Hamburg Germany)

OR: 53°35'0.78"N 9°55'15.84"E (Hamburg)

43°38'39.46"N 79°22'50.90"W (Union station Toronto Canada) 40°44'30.07"N 74° 8'39.88"W (Manhattan Transfer N.Y. US)

So thers lot of stations to go for en google earth.

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen

Doc spake thus:

Not online, but under the heading of "otherwise", the (now defunct) /Mainline Modeler/ has published many station plans over the years, all with excellent drawings and photographs. They still have back issues on sale ($2.50 ea., a great deal), and you can browse contents of each issue at

(use the Back Issue Online Store link).

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Reply to
DavidNebenzahl

This is really helpful. Any pictures? Yes, find an old magazine and order it.

No W> Doc spake thus:

Reply to
DavidNebenzahl

Try this...

It should help you out.

-roger-

Reply to
Roger King

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com skriver:

No, it's fine.

Nu you have not Curt. You have never been outside your hometown.

"What are some plans he can use" - What are you ? Drunk ????

Fuck it - **PLONK**

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen

KDM:

What these satellite photos are *very* good for is for studying the platforms, track layout, and approaches. Even torn-out tracks and old grades can still show up on satellite photos. There are plenty of ghost railroads visible from orbit! (I know of one nearby that was never completed, but its grade is still clearly visible on aerial photos).

Cordially yours: Gerard P. President, a box of track and some plans.

Reply to
pawlowsk002

Watch ti you used potty talk Curt won't like that.

Reply to
trainspeeddemon

This is worth a try.

Jason Davies

JD:

That's a great site. I didn't know about it.

(SUBJ+@od1(railroad+stations)) That's the section with station pictures.

Cordially yours: Gerard P. President, a box of track and some plans

Reply to
pawlowsk002

(SUBJ+@od1(railroad+stations))>

I think Kalmback put out a book several years ago with different station plans in it. They weren't particularly in any scale as I recall but there were some pictures and drawings. One may show up on Ebay from time to time or from a used book dealer.

dlm

Reply to
Dan Merkel

(SUBJ+@od1(railroad+stations))>>

Railroad Station Planbook, H A Edmonson & R V Francaviglia, eds. 1977. ISBN 0-89024-531-2. $4 at the time. Most of the plans are HO scale. I have an extra copy, which I will sell for a reasonable price. E-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca. Correct address contains no numbers.

-- Wolf

"Don't believe everything you think." (Maxine)

Reply to
Wolf

RC:

If your railroad is free-lanced you might also consider designing your own stations, after referring to prototype information to help you understand how a station looks and what its function is. A standard station design or family of designs can do a lot to give your railroad a unique yet railroady look.

Don't forget to look outside the norm for station designs. There were some very strange and interesting stations in the early days, and some lasted a long time. Consider the Greek Revival stations, with an entrance for the train, used on some New England railroads, or the combination station and trainshed, very like a barn, used in Meadville, PA by the Atlantic and Great Western (accompanied, believe it or not, by a formal garden!). Don't forget that some short lines used stations that looked most unlike a typical railroad building, like the Waynesburg & Washington's almost houselike structures. (The W & W needs more modelers. Narrow gauge near Pittsburgh, folks!)

Cordially yours: Gerard P. President, a box of track and now some L-girders.

Reply to
pawlowsk002