Scatchbuilding Goatland Station

I'm attempting to scratch building a scale model of Goathland Station and was wondering if anyone could point out any good resources on the net. I've started creating CAD drawing of the station, I've picked up on drawing of an L.N.E.R. station that a good starting point and I'm ordering some drawings from the NYMR Archive that should help immensely. Any ideas, suggestions, comments would be welcomed :)

=== John E. Bielak ===

John E. Bielak

What scale are you working in? If 2mm or 4mm, you may be able to save yourself a little work on the footbridge, as I'm sure that the NER pattern is available in kit form for these two scales.

David E. Belcher

Reply to
David E. Belcher

BTDT :-) (well, the main building and the goods shed)

I've

There is a big book on NER architecture from the NER Association - possibly "North Eastern Record Volume 1", but I don't have a copy to check - which has a scale drawing of the platform side of the station building.

Egton Bridge, Glaisdale, Lealholme, Danby and a number of other station buildings are variations on the same design, so might be worth a look if you aren't building an exact model of Goathland.

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

The current version is in 3.5mm (HO) scale, and a future version in most likely in G scale. I'm creating CAD prints which I can easily scale up or down (for construction patterns) I've been looking for anything, if for nothing else then reference material, but the closest I've come across is a reference to a seven year old kit.

=== John E. Bielak ===

What scale are you working in? If 2mm or 4mm, you may be able to save yourself a little work on the footbridge, as I'm sure that the NER pattern is available in kit form for these two scales.

David E. Belcher

Reply to
John E. Bielak

I've come across a small sheet of scale drawing of a similar building which have been a big help, though there's a number of errors, omissions and subtle differences that have been driving me a bit crazy trying to reconcile in the CAD drawings. At some point I'll average out what information I have and be happy with something fairly close. (about 90% accurate)

=== John E. Bielak ===

John E. Bielak

I'm going up to Goathland in the next 4-6 weeks weather permitting if you want some pictures let me know.

I will be going to see a local modeller who also owns a model shop between now & Christmas I will enquire as to what is available in kit form for LNER

Reply to
Anthony Collins