Station lighting

I am looking for a source for OO station lighting that actually works. I am targeting the late 50's, does anyone know anyone who might supply suitable styles, thanks.

Reply to
John Coen

Gas? Some BR stations has gas lighting into the 70s.

Reply to
MartinS

Many had oil.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"MartinS" wrote

Indeed they did. I can remember returning home in the late 1960s from Wakefield Kirkgate to Normanton after a night out with my then girlfriend, and BOTH stations were still gas lit.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I was thinking electric or gas but the point is I need a source?? any ideas

Reply to
John Coen

Try Express Models at

They do a range of 4mm scale gas and globe lamps for stations. I found them very helpful when I phoned them up to enquire. I have just ordered some of their lamps and the 12V DC smoothed power supply. Will give feedback when I've had chance to install them.

Chris

In article , John Coen writes

Reply to
Chris Moorhouse

Although I model a bit later than the '50s, I find Viessman lights very good.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Potter

The one I remember is Bingley. Of course, the Worth Valley line (apart from Keighley) still has gas lighting. Oakworth station (featured in The Railway Children, 1970) has no electricity supply.

Reply to
MartinS

I remember the smell of station gas lights from when I was a boy, and I seem to remember they has s light hiss.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

(kim)

Reply to