Model Railroading Decals By T2 Decals

Not too long ago businesses and products were promoted or celebrated by advertisements painted on the sides of buildings. Those that remain today are very faded (which gives them the name of 'Ghost Signs'), but they do give one a glimpse back to some of the products and businesses of bygone period. These decals, made from pictures, are taken from real signs as they appear today, pre-weathered for a realistic effect on the sides of your buildings.

N Ghost

N Graffiti
HO Scale Ghost Sign Decals:
HO Scale Feed & Seed
HO Scale Graffiti
HO Scale Skid Row Series
O Ghost

Thanks for your time and happy modeling!

Todd Thornberry T2 Decals Phone: 262.853.0566 Email: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Thorn14

This guy spams the Yahoo! groups too. The subject matter is American.

Reply to
MartinS

At least the subject matter is reasonably interesting and connected with model Railways /Railroading. It was reasonably obvious from the header that it was a commercial and from the other side of the Atlantic to me. So spam yes but not worst example of its kind like fake shoes or handbags. Imho a small hobby business isn't doing any harm if they announce themselves openly and very occasionally and the product is related to the hobby and is something that might be a niche item not covered by the big boys. Advertising regularly every week would be a nuisance.

There is a chap on UK railway forever announcing the photos he is selling on Ebay . Probably a nice bloke but his constant promotion is getting annoying. He does make normal posts occasionally so I don't want to block him.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

You mean the one who has just started spamming this group, with a pathetic attempt at posting under a different identity?

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

It says this in the uk.rec.models.rail charter :-

"Advertising: Adverts should be clearly marked in the subject line (the words "AD", "For Sale", "Exhibition" or "Commercial" at the start of the subject line are recommended). Short (less than 20 line) commercial announcements relevant to UK rail model making are permitted (either manufacturers or traders), though extensive advertising lists are not permitted (these should be available by mail, ftp or http to interested readers). Commercial advertisers should not post adverts more frequently than once per month."

It was written before ebay really got going, I know I was one of the authors.

Paul

Reply to
pdsteveo

"Relevant to UK rail model making" is a key phrase. The OP does the same with UK rail modelling groups on Yahoo!

Reply to
MartinS

Now you mention it I don't think I've seen him on UKMR before and all of a sudden he pops up. Maybe in the past he cross posted I must have some setting that removes them when read in one group. Anyway he appears to reading this thread. His product though is repetitive and not what I would class a niche product produced by a small craft worker. More a reseller of old tat. So more of a spammer than say somebody who has produced something rare like an etching for 4mm scale GWR Loo seats and wants to let fellow hobbyists know.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

And unless there is a moderator that vets all posts before they are served up, people can and do ignore the charter as they wish.

Not worth getting excited about.

Wolf K.

Reply to
Wolf K

Which neither you in your post, nor the OP in this thread observed. "For Auction" is not included. It is against Ebay's terms to spam Usenet with Ebay listings.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Certainly more than 20 with line wrapping.

Yours was a fairly extensive list.

We'll wait and see on that one.

Then you really ought to know better!

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

It says this in the uk.rec.models.rail charter :-

"Advertising: Adverts should be clearly marked in the subject line (the words "AD", "For Sale", "Exhibition" or "Commercial" at the start of the subject line are recommended). Short (less than 20 line) commercial announcements relevant to UK rail model making are permitted (either manufacturers or traders), though extensive advertising lists are not permitted (these should be available by mail, ftp or http to interested readers). Commercial advertisers should not post adverts more frequently than once per month."

It was written before ebay really got going, I know I was one of the authors.

Paul

IIRC, eBay prohibits just such postings. But, as with any other prohibited behaviour, they do nothing to stop it.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser