OT-Concealed Carry Victory

CHICAGO (AP) - In a big victory for gun rights advocates, a federal appeals court on Tuesday struck down a ban on carrying concealed weapons in Illinois - the only state where it had remained entirely illegal.

The 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said state lawmakers have 180 days to write a new law that legalizes concealed carry.

Read more:

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

WUNDERBAR!!!

This is going to be eversogood watching this go into effect and watching the Leftwingers go totally nuts about it.

Just think..Chicago finally gets to join the 21st century!!!

Now lets see.....homicide rate goes straight up for about 6 months..then drops like a rock as the crooks are killed off enmass.

On the other hand...Chicago will drag their feet for at least 18 months before the first CCW is issued.

So much for the much vaunted Illinois Gun Bans of the 80s and 90s

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Thanks for the link. Interesting site Ive never seen before.

The other members of this august group should check it out.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

I am shocked, surprised, and very excited!

Ignoramus19474

I do not expect much, myself, because not many people will carry and the laws will likely be difficult to satisfy. But this is a great move in the right direction!

Reply to
Ignoramus19474

Sounds like instructors will be busy! I'll check what the requirements are, it might be time for a few vacation weeks, night be a big pay-off!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Indeed, i have been spreading the word for 12 years. The problem is most people do not understand the power they have over the government and how to use thier power. The government is very afraid of people finding out about thier power. I have gone stealth on occasion and set people free that should have never been prosecuted in the first place.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

I doubt that it will produce any kind of a measurable effect whatsoever on overall crime rates.

Main difference being that now, if a crook ( or anyone, for that matter ) gets caught with a gun, he won't get a weapens charge leveled against him so long as he has a valid carry permit.

Secondary benefits being it frees up authorities to pursue actual crimes, and if there is a licensing fee, then possibly it will generate a modest amount of government revenue.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Indeed it very well could be!!

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

iggy, I'm curious. Your occupation is going to take you to some seedy areas. Do you feel safe going there undefended?

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

The last time I got called in for jury duty, I simply asked "will I and the other jurors be instructed on jury nullification procedures?" and was excused promptly. Which is important for a guy who works for himself and in another part of the state.

Ive not received a jury notice since that time..some 12 yrs ago.

My wife has free time and has been a juror 5-6 times in the last 10 yrs.

And THANK YOU!! for your service to the People.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Let me first say that if concealed carry becomes a real possibility, I will apply. I love guns, though handguns do not interest me too much.

That said, I go to any any areas of Chicago and I have more or less no fear. I am not a pretty female and, though I do carry wads of cash sometimes, I do not look like I have something valuable that can be taken away from me.

I think that most Chicago criminals are economics driven (crime to make money), or sex driven, and do not care to assault not so well dressed 41 year old men driving used pick-up trucks.

I used to live in Oak Park and, though many street people asked me for money, I never gave a penny to anyone. I used to give them a handshake, that sort of threw them off their track.

Bottom line, I do not have a lot of fear going to Chicago.

But if I can get a CC license, I may carry sometimes.

Ignoramus19474

When the bottom line is primarily about how things affect YOU then you know you're fully American. Congratulations.

Reply to
whoyakidding

I'd suggest something like this:

Then you can't miss. And just bringing it out would diffuse damn near everything.

I was never that afraid in Chicago, but I did feel better packing. Its just like I'm not that afraid pulling the anchor out in the ocean. But I still put on the life preserver when walking around the cabin up to the bow. Both are for that 1 in 10,000 event.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

I do believe that gun ownership should necessarily be linked to continual, professional training. It's NOT like riding a bicycle.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

In a crime ridden shithole like Chicago? Fuck yes a LOT will carry.

Anybody going to Shi from any other part of the state will armor up and load up before hitting the city limits. And store owners? Damned straight they will be packing.

Anyone with any common sense will be. But in that state..doesnt seem to be a big run on CS, come to think of it....

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

I have a bowie knife in my truck, tucked near the seat.

Ignoramus27686

I keep a Cold Steel Kobun in my truck. Sweet little tanto.

Larry Jaques

I just bought one.

Reply to
Ignoramus27686