OT-Concealed Carry Victory

wrote:

The last time I got called in for jury duty, I simply asked "will I and the other jurors be instructed on jury nullification procedures?" and was excused promptly. Which is important for a guy who works for himself and in another part of the state.
Ive not received a jury notice since that time..some 12 yrs ago.
My wife has free time and has been a juror 5-6 times in the last 10 yrs.
And THANK YOU!! for your service to the People.
Gunner

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/article/Court-strikes-down-Illinois-concealed-carry-law-4108504.php#ixzz2Em1aCDqY

I am shocked, surprised, and very excited!
iggy, I'm curious. Your occupation is going to take you to some seedy areas. Do you feel safe going there undefended?
Karl

Let me first say that if concealed carry becomes a real possibility, I will apply. I love guns, though handguns do not interest me too much.
That said, I go to any any areas of Chicago and I have more or less no fear. I am not a pretty female and, though I do carry wads of cash sometimes, I do not look like I have something valuable that can be taken away from me.
I think that most Chicago criminals are economics driven (crime to make money), or sex driven, and do not care to assault not so well dressed 41 year old men driving used pick-up trucks.
I used to live in Oak Park and, though many street people asked me for money, I never gave a penny to anyone. I used to give them a handshake, that sort of threw them off their track.
Bottom line, I do not have a lot of fear going to Chicago.
But if I can get a CC license, I may carry sometimes.
On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 17:58:23 -0600, Ignoramus19474
When the bottom line is primarily about how things affect YOU then you know you're fully American. Congratulations.

I'd suggest something like this: http://www.serbu.com/top/superShorty.php
Then you can't miss. And just bringing it out would diffuse damn near everything.
I was never that afraid in Chicago, but I did feel better packing. Its just like I'm not that afraid pulling the anchor out in the ocean. But I still put on the life preserver when walking around the cabin up to the bow. Both are for that 1 in 10,000 event.
Karl

I have a bowie knife in my truck, tucked near the seat.
On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 16:15:07 -0600, Ignoramus27686

I keep a Cold Steel Kobun in my truck. Sweet little tanto.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRk7Qf5OI4E

--
It is characteristic of all deep human problems that they are
not to be approached without some humor and some bewilderment.

I just bought one.
On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 21:39:31 -0600, Ignoramus27686

This is what you NEED in your rig, particularly when living in Illinois
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cold-Steel-Special-Forces-Shovel-92SF-19-7-50cm-27oz-/370654504434
Simply sharpen the edges. They will sharpen nicely. This is a copy of the Spetznaz combat shovel and work nicely as a digger, or a weapon.
And what cop (even the boys in Illinois) will bitch about a working mans spade? Your bowie knife may cause problems with the cops.
And for your personal "utility knife" to be carried in your front pants pocket, clip out/knife in...something along the lines of this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Browning-Black-Label-Tactical-Flash-Tanto-Folder-Pocket-G10-Micarta-Knife-/271060433355
This is a VERY decent blade and one I recommend (below)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ontario-Joe-Pardue-Utilitac-II-Tactical-Folder-Knife-JPT-3R-Zytel-8904-New-/280953791855
As Ive mentioned before..I carry at least 2 and usually 3 on my person at all times. A well chosen folder will tuck away on you nicely and is at hand instantly. Pull the pocket clip fasteners, red loctite them and then reinstall before carrying them everyday in the same place. No thinking required to have one in hand quickly if you set a routine about where you are carrying blades.
Most..most states have folding knife/one handed opener.... 3.75" blade length as "Ok". And thats more than long enough to go deep.
Another knife to consider..and one I carry often
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smith-Wesson-Tactical-Defense-Karambit-Hawkbill-Pocket-Folder-G10-Handle-Knife-/300833035730
Lots of good "tactical folders" out there. Just stay away from the junk. Seriously.
A very decent knife on closeout. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Schrade-X-Timer-Red-Tactical-Folder-with-Black-Blade-SCHXT8-CLOSEOUT-/281010063505
As is this rugged toughy
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kershaw-Vapor-III-Folding-Knife-1655ST-Serrated-Tactical-Pocket-Folder-Ken-Onion-/190757613669
And this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kershaw-OSO-Sweet-Folding-Knife-1830-O-SO-Stainless-Combat-Tactical-Folder-/290829588586
Gunner

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cold-Steel-Special-Forces-Shovel-92SF-19-7-50cm-27oz-/370654504434

I was looking for one, just bought it, thanks. I will sharpen it, but, it is not suitable as a car weapon due to size.
I have a folding shovel right now for miscellaneous purposes.
On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 15:39:59 -0600, Ignoramus12032

Its quite suitible as a weapon even in tunnels. Obviously you were never trained in using one properly.
Its NOT used like an ax.
Just a heads up
Gunner

Yes, I never was

On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 21:11:00 -0600, Ignoramus12032

Pity. They are a very good weapon. And not a bad spade either.

On 12/12/2012 9:14 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I thought all you would need is your sharp wit!
On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 16:15:07 -0600, Ignoramus27686

Now the question is...can you effectively use it in a time of great need?
And can you effectively use it against firearms armed bad guys?
If the answer is no to either question...having a "toothpick" in the truck is nothing more than having a tool, not a weapon.
Gunner

It is what I can do, I am not going into bullshit discussions. I used it many times as a tool already, not yet once as a weapon.

    There was a story posted, years ago on t.p.g. by a guy who formerly had worked as a repo man. Which took him into some un-nice neighborhoods in the Chicago area. So he packed - big chrome plated 45.     So the story goes that one night, he stopped to get directions at a convenience store, and as he came out, a guy with a knife said "this says you're going to give me your money". Ho opened his coat to "flash" that Chrome Plated 45 and said "this says I'm not." and they guy responded "you're right." They both went their separate ways - no harm, no foul.     See, even in Chicago, people can be civil.
tschus pyotr -- pyotr Go not to the Net for answers, for it will tell you Yes and no. And you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers does it take to change a lightbulb.
Of course, that defensive gun use didn't get included in the stats the media use so often.
There was a story posted, years ago on t.p.g. by a guy who formerly had worked as a repo man. Which took him into some un-nice neighborhoods in the Chicago area. So he packed - big chrome plated 45. So the story goes that one night, he stopped to get directions at a convenience store, and as he came out, a guy with a knife said "this says you're going to give me your money". Ho opened his coat to "flash" that Chrome Plated 45 and said "this says I'm not." and they guy responded "you're right." They both went their separate ways - no harm, no foul. See, even in Chicago, people can be civil.
tschus pyotr
--
pyotr
On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 16:15:07 -0600, Ignoramus27686

A very nice combination btw....
http://www.ltspecpro.com/Product/95BUSS2/BUSHMAN_%282ND%29.aspx
http://www.karatedepot.com/wp-bo-03.html
Gunner