OT-Concealed Carry Victory

Gunner on Wed, 12 Dec 2012 10:38:55 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

A lot do carry.

-- pyotr Go not to the Net for answers, for it will tell you Yes and no. And you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers does it take to change a lightbulb.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Nope, but they sometimes get convicted.

12-06-2012:

Chicago - Chicago lawmaker, Democratic member of the Illinois Senate Donne Trotter, was arrested for reportedly attempting to board a plane carrying a gun in his bag. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Trotter was charged with "attempt to board an aircraft with a weapon," which is a Class

4 felony, after an unloaded handgun and bullets were found in a carry-on bag.

Trotter, who is married with four children, has been a member of the Illinois Senate since 1993.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

"Steve B" on Thu, 13 Dec 2012 10:43:56 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

I'm sure many will apply - after all they like registering with the government and jumping through hoops. How many will pass the character test at the gun store is hard to say. "Of you voted for Obama, turn around - you are obviously not smart enough to own a firearm."

tschus pyotr

-- pyotr Go not to the Net for answers, for it will tell you Yes and no. And you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers does it take to change a lightbulb.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Are you saying all the lefties are mental cases?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Wouldn't that be redundant?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"Michael A. Terrell" on Thu, 13 Dec 2012

15:38:54 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

"The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong

- but that is the way to bet." Damon Ruyon.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

No, just clear thinking. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Only a fool bets on a dead horse to win, place or show...

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" on Fri, 14 Dec 2012

03:30:26 -0500 typed >> "Michael A. Terrell" on Thu, 13 Dec 2012

Ha! I learned from my Dad how to predict the score of the Rose Bowl before it starts. Zero-zero.

tschus pyotr

-- pyotr Go not to the Net for answers, for it will tell you Yes and no. And you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers does it take to change a lightbulb.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Now the question is...can you effectively use it in a time of great need?

And can you effectively use it against firearms armed bad guys?

If the answer is no to either question...having a "toothpick" in the truck is nothing more than having a tool, not a weapon.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

I thought all you would need is your sharp wit!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

It is what I can do, I am not going into bullshit discussions. I used it many times as a tool already, not yet once as a weapon.

Ignoramus12032

This is what you NEED in your rig, particularly when living in Illinois

Simply sharpen the edges. They will sharpen nicely. This is a copy of the Spetznaz combat shovel and work nicely as a digger, or a weapon.

And what cop (even the boys in Illinois) will bitch about a working mans spade? Your bowie knife may cause problems with the cops.

And for your personal "utility knife" to be carried in your front pants pocket, clip out/knife in...something along the lines of this

This is a VERY decent blade and one I recommend (below)

As Ive mentioned before..I carry at least 2 and usually 3 on my person at all times. A well chosen folder will tuck away on you nicely and is at hand instantly. Pull the pocket clip fasteners, red loctite them and then reinstall before carrying them everyday in the same place. No thinking required to have one in hand quickly if you set a routine about where you are carrying blades.

Most..most states have folding knife/one handed opener.... 3.75" blade length as "Ok". And thats more than long enough to go deep.

Another knife to consider..and one I carry often

Lots of good "tactical folders" out there. Just stay away from the junk. Seriously.

A very decent knife on closeout.

As is this rugged toughy

And this one

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

A very nice combination btw....

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

I was looking for one, just bought it, thanks. I will sharpen it, but, it is not suitable as a car weapon due to size.

I have a folding shovel right now for miscellaneous purposes.

Ignoramus12032

Its quite suitible as a weapon even in tunnels. Obviously you were never trained in using one properly.

Its NOT used like an ax.

Just a heads up

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Yes, I never was

Reply to
Ignoramus12032

Pity. They are a very good weapon. And not a bad spade either.

  1. Lie
Gunner

Gunner on Sat, 15 Dec 2012 11:52:18 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

There was a story posted, years ago on t.p.g. by a guy who formerly had worked as a repo man. Which took him into some un-nice neighborhoods in the Chicago area. So he packed - big chrome plated

  1. So the story goes that one night, he stopped to get directions at a convenience store, and as he came out, a guy with a knife said "this says you're going to give me your money". Ho opened his coat to "flash" that Chrome Plated 45 and said "this says I'm not." and they guy responded "you're right." They both went their separate ways - no harm, no foul. See, even in Chicago, people can be civil.

tschus pyotr

-- pyotr Go not to the Net for answers, for it will tell you Yes and no. And you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers does it take to change a lightbulb.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Of course, that defensive gun use didn't get included in the stats the media use so often.

.

There was a story posted, years ago on t.p.g. by a guy who formerly had worked as a repo man. Which took him into some un-nice neighborhoods in the Chicago area. So he packed - big chrome plated

  1. So the story goes that one night, he stopped to get directions at a convenience store, and as he came out, a guy with a knife said "this says you're going to give me your money". Ho opened his coat to "flash" that Chrome Plated 45 and said "this says I'm not." and they guy responded "you're right." They both went their separate ways - no harm, no foul. See, even in Chicago, people can be civil.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
Stormin Mormon