OT contract for deed

Like Iggy, we recently bought a house at auction, next door. Unlike Iggy, we are going to own it less than 24 hours. We close in four weeks and have a buyer on a contract for deed.

I just shook hands with Bill on a price plus costs to set up the contract. This is a person of extremely high character. Neither of us would dream of cheating the other. After all he'll be my new neighbor.

Any advice on setting up a contract? What needs to be in it? Do we need a lawyer, or can a local realtor or similar set this up? What costs are involved?

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Congratulations on a quick flip!

Great.

I would personally get a lawyer. If you flip a house like this, you may end up being his title insurance. Plus, he wants to make sure that he has good title.

Ignoramus14859

Title Company

Reply to
Bob La Londe

You need a local lawyer, as real estate law and custom vary.

Your big saving is elimination of real estate broker fees.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

If you value the relationship, get a lawyer and do it right. Good contracts make good relationships.

Reply to
Rex