Wait for it. :)

(...)

Yup.

:)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

(...)

Hokay. I've found a windows version of mono to run under Wine.

Now downloading. Thanks Iggy!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

(...)

I write in the same 0.55-0.66 range. Yet according to the diagnosis and timeline of licensed professionals, I am now deep into Stage 7 Alzheimer's.

How can this be?

--Winston ^ 0.581

Reply to
Winston

Did they also ask you to interpret blots on paper?

"Does this blot remind you of the money you stole from your employer"?

Ignoramus1116

Darn. No blots. I wanted to look at the blots. :)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Yeah, that was what I was kinda thinking myself. It would be best if I could dredge up something from my past. Lots of stuff around but I'll have to do some thinking/tinkering with it. The best stuff is most likely scrawled out on paper.

Reply to
Leon Fisk

I think you want the Mono runtime that corresponds to your Linux distribution. Something like:

sudo apt-get install mono-runtime

At least "mono-runtime" is what it is called under Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic)

See this webpage for some more info/instructions:

Leon Fisk

Yes, he needs mono and mono-winforms.

Ignoramus5624

Yeah, I already had "mono-runtime" by needed to get/add "libmono-winforms2.0-cil". That also depends on:

libmono-accessibility2.0-cil libmono-webbrowser0.5-cil

but those will be added automatically when you go for "libmono-winforms2.0-cil".

I think Winston is using some flavor of Ubuntu, so:

sudo apt-get install mono-runtime libmono-winforms2.0-cil

should do the trick for him. It runs really sluggish on my old Pentium

4 - 2 Ghz processor, especially from the get-go as it initializes itself. Maxed out the CPU for several minutes during this process. So be patient Winston if you get that far.

On a side note, some of my recent text corresponding with a friend via email scored "0.576, 0.557, 0.563, 0.572". I'll mess around with it some more, I find it interesting at the moment :)

Reply to
Leon Fisk

(...)

I got CPIDR running shortly after I mentioned that I was downloading mono.

CPIDR is a little awkward to run but it does run sufficiently quickly.

I suspect that my installation is flawed because the program takes quite a bit of time to 'initialize the tagger'. Whatever that is. "CPIDR is initializing the tagger. Please wait..."

Fascinating stuff for sure.

Thanks guys.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

It does that in Windows, too. It takes two or three minutes on my machine.

Yes, it is.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

(...)

Ah! Good. In a way. > Fascinating stuff for sure.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Gunner Asch on Sat, 16 Apr 2011 02:10:00 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Adult Onset Attention Deficit Disorder.

My Dad passed along the information he got: If you can't remember the word, or name, or whatever, but it comes to you later, that's just old age forgetfulness. But if you never recover that word ... it is some form of dementia. Alzheimer or just Senile Dementia.

Sometimes, we forget what isn't "important" at the time - till we need to recall it. Like where we left our hat.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich