OT: Groaner of the Day

But I do wonder who the two superheroes in the last panel are.

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Fun! Interestingly a number of the well known comic strip artists are using verbal puns with increasing frequency! Stephen Pastis of 'Pearls Before Swine' being the most persistent example. With Darby Conley of 'Get Fuzzy' jumping into the frey this morning. It's almost like a bunch of the guys got into a betting match over who could concock the most elaborate pun over cocktails at the last Comic Artists convention...

Reply to
Chet

Chet top-posted:

[top-post repaired]

If you want to read some elaborate puns, google "Ferdinand Feghoot."

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Rich Grise on Sun, 19 Jun 2011 07:34:47

Grown. Err groan.

that's terrible.

I love it.

pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Flash Gordon and Dale Arden ??

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Take your ignorant posting correction obsession and shove it up your ass, moron Sick POS, Try to stay on topic instead of the "look at me" garbage.

[top-post repaired by another moron]

If you want to read some elaborate puns, google "Ferdinand Feghoot."

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
m II

There was a man who entered a local paper's pun contest. He sent in ten different puns, in the hope that at least one of them would win. Unfortunately, no pun in ten did.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

No wonder you lost. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Ooh, ooh! Bad P.E.! Bad, bad P.E. Go to your room.

-- The whole life of man is but a point of time; let us enjoy it. -- Plutarch

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I really should be punished, for every pun I shed. Do not leave a puny shred, of my punnish head.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Snell

Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Yeah right. I have told that pun to atleast a dozen people since he posted it.

Reply to
Bob La Londe