OT: Gunner Info on the Ham gear

Here's the info on the Ham gear I mentioned: I have no idea if any of it works. Heathkit Transmitter Model DX40

Heathkit VFO

RME

Viking Challenger SW Transmitter

Monitor Subunit for frequency shift, converter CV89A/URA-8A Hoffman Radio Corp. Manufactures part # AA210 This was made for the Navy. Looks new.

Triumph Model 841 Ossillograph

I'm in Honolulu, HI so shipping sucks. If you think anything is useful let me know. The email address is valid. Thanks Karl

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk

WOW! That sounds like my first AM rig! (de WA4ZEG) LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Yeah, I wonder how all the stuff I gave away ended up in Honolulu?

Paul, KD7HB

Reply to
pdrahn

DX40 was CW only, wasn't it?

Reply to
Don Foreman

Old..and heavy. Probably not worth the shipping to California. Damnit

Thanks Karl for checking back.

Gunner, probably going for his ham license after a 30 yr lapse.

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Oops, it could also do AM. Single 6146 final. That was one tough tube!

Reply to
Don Foreman

No, DX40 is both CW and AM. I have one I am refurbing at the moment. Dave Foreman

Reply to
David L. Foreman

That's what I thought. Think it's worth trying to give away to local Ham enthusiasts? Thanks Karl

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk

The Heath DX40 and VFO are classic novice rigs, they would be greatly appreciated by somebody getting into the hobby.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Nope, DX-20 (my first rig) was CW only, DX-40 was CW and AM.

Reply to
George

Thanks I'll find someone who can use them. They almost got tossed because they didn't know what they were. If my father was still around I'd give them to him. He always wanted to do some Ham stuff. Thanks Karl

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk