OT: Had to draw my pistol today

Gunner Asch on Mon, 06 Sep 2010 22:41:42 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

I've been told that crossing a Border Collie with a Doberman is a bad idea. You get a dog which wants to rule the world, and is smart enough to figure out how to pull it off.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

No comment at this time as I'm busy cleaning (adult beverage) from my monitor. :)

technomaNge

Reply to
Comrade technomaNge

I heard it was a collie and pit bull. It will tear your arm off, but then go for help.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Almost as good as the cat biting the power cord in 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation'. Of course they just had a loud 'cat noise' and moved the chair to see what was supposed to be the black outline of the cat on the white carpet.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I've been chased by dogs while I'm on my bike, but they're usually someone's ill-behaved pet. Once, being chased by a small dog (some kind of terrier, I think), I stopped the bike, looked the dog in the eye, and said, "OK, you caught me, now what are you going to do with me?" The dog just looked confused and wandered away.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

orthochlorobenzalmalononitrile and

and is used

So get a bag of hot chili peppers and make your own! ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Fellow had an evil spirit, perhaps?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You know, that could be useful to know. Might need that idea, some day.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

.38 pistols are rather rare. Most handguns in that caliber are revolvers. Is it a .38 super?

It's good that you were armed. Glad you weren't hurt.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

No, I use the term "pistol" loosely. It's a Ruger LCR revolver.

Don Foreman

From another list:

I read one time where a guy always had trouble with a couple of dogs that would tip his garbage can over. He laid a large piece of chicken wire on the ground around the garbage can and hosed the ground down so it was good and wet. He hooked the chicken wire to the hot side of a extension cord that he plugged in and later heard the dogs yelping like mad. They were dancing on the wire but couldn't get away. He unplugged the wire and the dogs never came back.

Another fellow had an old Model T that he would take out once a month and drive about four or five miles an hour around a couple of blocks in a small town north of me. One dog in particular always had to chase him barking and snapping at one tire for the full trip. He wrapped a piece burlap around the tire and the next trip around the dogs teeth got hung up in the burlap. he could see it happen in his side view mirror so he stopped after the dog made two or three flips and that ended the dog from chasing him anymore.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'm accustomed to referring to any handgun (revolver, semi-auto, or otherwise) as a pistol.

dictionary.com appears to agree with me.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

SM is not familiar with firearms, obviously.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

On farms they used to grab the offending dog by the tail and scrape a turpentine soaked corncob across their ass. They took of down the road yelping, and never came back.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Steve is not familiar with SM, obviously.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If you can get close enough to the offending dog, that is?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

From what I've heard it was hard NOT to get close enough. They would be chasing the chickens or so busy digging up your crop that they didn't know what was about to happen.

Reply to