OT : high voltage coils

The coil on my 110 volt "Master" kerosene space heater has 2 wires coming out of it and the lead for the spark plug. If I hook the 2 wires up to the black and white wires of 3 prong plug and the the ground of the plug to the threaded portion of the spark plug and then the lead of the coil to the plug should the plug continously fire when pluged into a 110 volt outlet.

Reply to
habbi

Sounds right - This would apply 110v to the transformer, but I would imagine the case (being metal) would have to be grounded as well, so there is a path from the spark plug wire to the grounded portion of the transformer. Ken.

Reply to
Anonymous