OT - looking for fibreglass tape

I need to buy a small quantity of heat resistant fibreglass adhesive tape (e.g. 3M 361 silicone adhesive fibreglass tape). Can anyone point me to a supplier in the UK or help me out by selling me a small quantity (like 1 ft.)? Thanks, Martin.

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

Don't know if this would work for your application, but you might consider fiberglass tape from a marine supply place and hi temp silicone rubber gasket material from the auto supply house.

Dan

Mart> I need to buy a small quantity of heat resistant fibreglass adhesive tape

Reply to
dcaster

wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... | Don't know if this would work for your application, but you might | consider fiberglass tape from a marine supply place and hi temp | silicone rubber gasket material from the auto supply house. | | Dan | | Martin Whybrow wrote: | > I need to buy a small quantity of heat resistant fibreglass adhesive tape | > (e.g. 3M 361 silicone adhesive fibreglass tape). | > Can anyone point me to a supplier in the UK or help me out by selling me a | > small quantity (like 1 ft.)? | > Thanks, Martin. | >

When I worked at a steel foundry as maintenance we used entire boxes of it when servicing the arms that held the carbon electrodes (6" dia, they were pretty small, but the furnaces were only 7 tons) because it was the only thing that held up to the heat and didn't let the 220V at 9,000 plus amps (guessing) leak through. It might be a source, or you can check with local electronic suppliers to see if they have it or can get it. 3M 33+ tape is popular with better electricians and electronic techs, so any one you know or could find will be able to help you find a source for other 3M products.

Reply to
carl mciver

I know mcmaster carr has it, can you order from them?

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen