OT: Low pressure propane hose

Another repair project. The bushy tailed terrorists in the back yard chewed through the low pressure hoses on the (outdoor) gas grill. The hose is connected to the regulator and valves with a crimp-over-barb fitting. My first thought for repair was new lengths of hose and some hose clamps. I can't find replacement hose. McMaster has high pressure hose (wrong size). The replacement part from the manufacturer includes the regulators and valves as an assembly, and of course costs more than the grill. Anyone know of a source for 5/16" low pressure LP vapor hose?

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

I could sure be wrong about this one, but I would go to the auto parts store for a piece of fuel line. I would think anything that worked with fuel would work with propane. I don't guess I would have even thought to ask.

Reply to
DanG

Reply to
Don Foreman

$4.99 at Princess Auto

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Reply to
erik litchy

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Some guys have all of the toys and some of the bad luck. Snow in the inland dessert isn't all that bad :-)

Glad it is up and running.

Wish I had a small all terrain type. Such is life.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

I've always gotten mine from the welding supply, just because it's closer than any LP service dealer. The welding supply can also do the crimp fitting bit or you can live dangerously with regular hose clamps, check any fitting with soapy water before using. Menard's in my old home town had various LP hose assemblies for cheap in the heating section, might be easier and cheaper to chop the ends off one of those for the hose.

Stan

Reply to
stans4