OT - Most Creative Excuse of The Year

On "Fox and Friends" this morning the trio did a live interview with a woman who gotten ticketed ($400) for driving in a Bus/Commuter lane with no passenger in the car at a time of day when solo driving was verboten.

She was 9-1/2 months pregnant and explained that the fetus inside her

*was* a living person and that she's checked the wording of the law and there was nothing in it regarding the age of the required passenger or where in the vehicle that passenger had to be located.

She's fighting the ticket (pro-se) and is due in court this December 2nd.

*****

BTW, SWMBO and I came up with an act about 30 years ago which we've used successfully the few times I've been driving with her as my passenger and got stopped by a cop for doing something stupid like failing to notice a "No Right on Red" sign and turning anyway.

As soon as the cop comes up to the car and I roll down my window and hand over my license and registration she starts berating me with lines like, "I've told you that you're a lousey driver and my mother is even afraid to ride in a car if you're driving." and "I offered to drive tonight, but no, you've always got to have your own way and now look what you've gone and done."

I never once got so much as a written "warning ticket", the cops just tried to keep a straight face, handed me back my papers and said, "Get along now, and drive safely."

As soon as we're away we "high five" each other and have a good laugh.

Jeff (Who was lucky it was never a lady police officer.)

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

my wife and i were in this same situation. driving in separate cars and got separated. i stopped at a predesignated spot to wait for her. she pulls up with a cruiser following wanting to write her up for a speeding ticket. she storms out of the car, comes up to mine, and starts yelling at me about how much i worried her for losing her. after about 5 minutes of her yelling, the state trooper just drove off.

regards, charlie

Charles Spitzer

Four HUNDRED dollars????????????????? Goodgawd..... There seems to be no limit to the depth of insertion via administative PVs.... Whilst drug dealers drive around w/ virtual impunity.... One's driver's license has become essentially a vehicle for extortion.

It's revenue-raising at its most reprehensible. I often remind cops, Yo, you got a different job title than me--but you're not a different *species*--*lighten up*, a little, ferchrissakes... Really quite a problem.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

She is due in court on the 2nd? You mean she is going to deliver there then?

LLB

Reply to
brassbend

verboten.

Someone tried that 10 or 15 years ago in the Seattle area. Don't remember all the details, but I do remember she lost the case.

mikey

Reply to
Mike Fields

Yeah, but that was THEN, when a fetus WASN'T a person. Now, it's all different - or at least some people think so!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

The obvious response would be to also cite her for not having the infant in an approved carseat.

Reply to
Dave Hinz